• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Nice T-Shirt at Popjustice

Started by turnaround, April 22, 2013, 11:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

Joshua

I have to have this! All my friends would think it's so funny. I'm constantly bashing them over the head with my pop music apologetics. A few others on the sight look good too.

turnaround

I like these too:

Just Give Me The Radio Edit and Key Change

I think we need one more. Counter melody  8)
And I liked it..

B Steady

Not quite sure if I understand the shirt right. Does it mean that I'm always interested in credits of a song and actually more a fan of writers/producers than of the singer? If so, I'll buy it!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

oh my god! these shirts are too amazing! I need at least 5 of them ;D

my favorites:
verse-chorus-etc
i love non-organic pop music ...
single song repeat
pop music
deluxe edition
key change

it's a great site anyway, thanks for sharing it! I love the descriptions next to the shirts, very funny! :D
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on April 22, 2013, 02:40:26 PM
Not quite sure if I understand the shirt right. Does it mean that I'm always interested in credits of a song and actually more a fan of writers/producers than of the singer? If so, I'll buy it!

I think it's a statement admitting that you love "manufactured" pop music, made by a group of people who specifically come together just to make a chart topping hit. Compared to those singer-songwriters who write their own songs which are so much more "authentic" haha.

B Steady

That fits as well haha!

Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, Shellback, Cirkut, Emily Wright, Bonnie McKee, Savan Kotecha, Ammo, Billboard, Kool Kojak 8)
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

turnaround

Quote from: Joshua on April 22, 2013, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: B Steady on April 22, 2013, 02:40:26 PM

I think it's a statement admitting that you love "manufactured" pop music, made by a group of people who specifically come together just to make a chart topping hit. Compared to those singer-songwriters who write their own songs which are so much more "authentic" haha.
A must-have t-shirt. But probably none of the real-life peaple will understand.
And I liked it..

Joshua

I don't know what it's like for you guys, but I hardly know anyone who will admit to liking pop, it seems to be a dirty word here in Australia. People seriously have a laugh at me when I tell them some of the music I love. They think I'm just a sucker for a money making machine that doesn't actually care for producing authentic music. Yet while I'm enjoying picking the best from all sorts of genres, they're fooled into this crazy belief that anything indie and non-mainstream equals good music, when, like all genres, there's just as much good in there as there is crap! So I consider it my duty to inform people just how much hard work goes into creating genuinely good pop music, and how much respect people like Max get within the music industry. I once managed to get someone who used to constantly joke about my love for boybands to like Backstreet Boys by making them listen to one of their albums (admittedly it was "Never Gone", which was always going to be far less boyband pop than they expected, but hey). Pop music warrior I am! :D

B Steady

I actually don't care about what people say referring to my taste of music. I will always defend the music I love no matter what they say!

@turnaround: this is the best part of it! People will look at these shirts like ??? and that way they will start contemplating. Most of them will be confused, but then again you can also find people with the same interests :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady
I actually don't care about what people say referring to my taste of music.

Same here. As far as I'm concerned, they're the ones who can't see below the surface. You find some people actually appreciate the unashamed passion, most don't expect it. The shirts are awesome because you can express all of that without saying a word.

turnaround

Quote from: Joshua on April 22, 2013, 06:50:05 PM
I don't know what it's like for you guys, but I hardly know anyone who will admit to liking pop, it seems to be a dirty word here in Australia. People seriously have a laugh at me when I tell them some of the music I love. They think I'm just a sucker for a money making machine that doesn't actually care for producing authentic music. Yet while I'm enjoying picking the best from all sorts of genres, they're fooled into this crazy belief that anything indie and non-mainstream equals good music, when, like all genres, there's just as much good in there as there is crap! So I consider it my duty to inform people just how much hard work goes into creating genuinely good pop music, and how much respect people like Max get within the music industry. I once managed to get someone who used to constantly joke about my love for boybands to like Backstreet Boys by making them listen to one of their albums (admittedly it was "Never Gone", which was always going to be far less boyband pop than they expected, but hey). Pop music warrior I am! :D
Thumbs up! And I can pretty much sign what you wrote.

I really don't care who sings a song. At least as it is a great tune. Of course it is hard to explain you like the latest e. g. Justin Bieber song because the songwriting is massive etc. All my friends have a different taste and basically just through this forum and the internet I find people who share the same interest. Looking beyond the songs and try to figure out the magic of a hit song.

I love unashamed pop. But actually the genre doesn't matter, if the hookline is right.

And somehow the industrial co-writers we love have the special gift to deliver hooklines and something special, at least most of the time.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: Joshua on April 22, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

+1 , I always loved the melodic music and where i cant get more of it is in Pop , I dont like all the pop , but I love a pop song well done , I dont care who says another people , before I felt a bit ashamed , it's strange in a boy of 20-30 years love pop music but at least i feel too a bit special , dont let the other change your tastes , have personality!  :D , I'm sure there are a lot of  people like pop but dont admit it.

Joshua

Oh you guys, I almost teared up reading your replies, I feel just the same, and I agree that it's what gives us personality and makes us special. :)