• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Coincidence / intention ?

Started by B Steady, July 31, 2013, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Rex on February 02, 2014, 09:52:20 PM
Rebekah, i also believe that they use snippets.  In "Roar", during the second verse, when katy says "You held me down but I got up" the second time, a "dada" can be heard, and it kinda sounds like the "dadadada's" in please don't leave (P!nk)

They do!

Rex

I have a new one... The chorus of "One More Night" sounds like the first verse in "fix you" by coldplay, but accelerated. And also, the chorus in "beauty and the beat" and "Time machine" (Robyn) are pretty alike ;)

DMartin

Rex

WTF? I listened to the whole song twice and i haven't noticed that similarity..

nznexus

nsync song gone and justin timberlake cry me a river sound almos tthe same!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRwSI8yi1o
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

georg_e

Was working on writing a song tonight, and afterwards for some reason this really uncanny coincidence popped into my head...and this one I'm SURE is a coincidence......we know that the bass line of "Roar'' is from "Outro" by M83, so that's no coincidence.......but here's the wild thing.....the first three notes of that bass line is exact same as the bass line on the verses/prechorus of "Since U Been Gone" :-)  (Both songs have four note bass lines -- only the last note is different). They even have the same beats per measure on each chord, even though the songs are different tempos. It's not exactly a common progression, either....... I   II-  Vi-

AlexanderLaBrea

"The wild thing?" M83 yes. Since You Been Gone, no.

georg_e

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on April 15, 2014, 10:24:55 AM
"The wild thing?" M83 yes. Since You Been Gone, no.
You have it exactly backwards........

AlexanderLaBrea

Depending on how you read it, but yeah there are probably a big influence from M83 in the way they arranged the guitar-part, although, definitely none taken from Since U Been Gone. Just because they happen to have the same (common) intervals.

georg_e

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on April 15, 2014, 05:20:35 PM
Depending on how you read it, but yeah there are probably a big influence from M83 in the way they arranged the guitar-part, although, definitely none taken from Since U Been Gone. Just because they happen to have the same (common) intervals.
Not what I was saying at all....was pointing out the COINCIDENCE with "Since U been Gone", as I wrote:

"Was working on writing a song tonight, and afterwards for some reason this really uncanny coincidence popped into my head...and this one I'm SURE is a coincidence....."

And that pattern is not that common......can you name another song that uses that?

georg_e

Chorus melodies of "My Life Would Suck" and   "A Girl Like Me" are definitely re-workings of each other.....listen from .36 -- first 8 bars ONLY........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5et139rgA

........the basic shape of these melodies is the same -- the important points -- with some differences......on "My Life Would Suck" they improved it by stretching the notes waaay out and landing the melody note on word "how" on the minor third chord.........  (on "Girl Like Me" that note -- on word "way" -- lands on the V chord)  The melody on "I just can't pretend" is basically same shape as "Forever uniiiiiited".   

Voodoo

Hey guys... the reality is that PEOPLE STEAL for inspiration. Even the pros. They even steal from themselves. And they DEFINITELY steal from songs that they love that either nobody knows or the whole world knows. Its all inspiration. Remember the great quotes: "Good composers borrow, great ones steal."

georg_e

Quote from: Voodoo on April 26, 2014, 11:57:55 PM
Hey guys... the reality is that PEOPLE STEAL for inspiration. Even the pros. They even steal from themselves. And they DEFINITELY steal from songs that they love that either nobody knows or the whole world knows. Its all inspiration. Remember the great quotes: "Good composers borrow, great ones steal."
I know that already, duh........

j.fco.morales

We all do.

I do it too.
Sometimes I hear a nice chord progression but the melodies are not that good... so I write a topline over the same chords and try different arrangements.

B Steady

Five - "Don't you want it" pre chorus ("baby I can make the nights last forever ..."

vs.

Britney Spears - "Cinderella" pre chorus  ("Here we are, with nothing but honesty ..."
Vila i frid Dag