• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr.Luke - New American Idol Judge

Started by Linda, August 19, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachJames

Wow...I kind of laughed when I saw this. I don't know if it's awesome or totally weird.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Linda

Me either. I always got the impression that Dr.Luke likes the attention and fame side of the songwriting business (doing AI and interviews) whereas Max stays more behind the scene.
Maybe that's unfair but it's kinda offputting.

B Steady

Quote from: Linda on August 19, 2013, 11:40:58 PM
Me either. I always got the impression that Dr.Luke likes the attention and fame side of the songwriting business (doing AI and interviews) whereas Max stays more behind the scene.
Maybe that's unfair but it's kinda offputting.

I don't blame him tho. He only got one life and why shouldn't he enjoy his position? :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I think Max is really the exception when it comes to wanting privacy on the level he does, so it's probably not a great comparison. But at the same time, I agree that it might not be the best idea for him in the long run, I can only see it cheapening his reputation, but hey, the general public already see him as that guy who creates annoying pop music.

turnaround

Mhh, it will be interesting to watch him and to hear his opinions but I rather have him in the studio together with Max working on new material for Katy/P!nk/etc.

Maybe they produce the winner song, which would be cool. And a Cheiron theme show would be great.
And I liked it..

B Steady

On 10/22/2004 the Swedish casting show "Idol" had a Max Martin theme show:

Daniel Lindström - That's The Way It Is (Celine Dion)
Paul Lötberg - Quit Playing Games (Backstreet Boys)
Geraldo Sandell - As Long As You Love Me (Backstreet Boys)
Darin Zanyar - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (Backstreet Boys)
Lorén Talhaoui - Stronger (Britney Spears)
Fillip Williams - I Want It That Way (Backstreet Boys)
Stina Joelsson - Oops... I Did It Again (Britney Spears)

http://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol_2004
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

hmm, I thought years ago he turned down a judging role on Idol? surely, he can't need the money?
I thought American Idol is on the downhill slide since Simon left?
anyway, if he does judge, I will watch it again.
There will probably be a Dr Luke night!

saethor

"According to Luke, that definitely does not include his own spot in the limelight. "I've been asked to be a judge on a really big TV show," he says. "You can use your head to figure out which one. And I turned it down." Why? "It's not what I need. For me to just be a face on something, I'd look at myself and be disappointed. I'd rather be the person behind the scenes making the show.""

- Luke in 2010 (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/15/entertainment/la-ca-dr-luke-20100815)

georg_e

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/     Pretty much the most insider of Hollywood news, and some other big blogs are reporting it tonight, so it looks like this may happen -- absolutely fantastic!! :D

Update....... official......    http://www.eonline.com/news/452130/dr-luke-officially-joining-american-idol-as-third-judge

DSonthebeat

Perez Hilton, I don't have words to describe this ... (I don't wanna be banned)... he wrote "Doctor Who" on the photo... unbelievable...
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

J_A24

Would be awesome to see Dr.Luke in AI, he's not known by much people outside the music world, but once they see his resume, people will simply be taken aback.

j.fco.morales

If this is true, I really hope Luke would play the creepy part of the judging panel just like Simon did. And I love the idea.