• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How many songs does Max write in a year?

Started by Scott Martin :), September 11, 2008, 12:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Hi Guys, where better than this place to ask; do you know how many songs Max comes out with in a year? Say 2007 - what songs of his came out?

This includes co-writes of course.

Im curious to know how many songs he writes in a year, obviously though, we wouldnt know about the sketches and ideas he mightve come up with that never saw the light of day.

He sure is prolific though, thats for sure.

Thanks,

Scott.

Rebecca

Good question!

It really doesn't seem like many, but I suppose songs take time to be released.

In 2007, I count 8:

1.2. Avril: Alone and I Will Be
3.  Shayne Ward: If That's ok with you
4.  James Blunt: Carry You Home
5.  Daughtry: Feels Like Tonight
6. Stanfour: Do It All
7. Amy Diamond: Stay My Baby
8. Apocalyptica: I don't Care

Now, I have been compiling Max's Strike Rate, which was started from the Discography list from wikipedia, I've been meaning to double check it but I haven't yet. Anyway, here's the link, just because it has Max's songs in chronological order. So, my 8 songs comes from that list, but it might not be totally correct.

http://www.maxmartinfansite.com/MaxMartinStrikeRate.htm

I imagine Max has so many songs that he might not consider good enough to release, but which would probably be fantastic to us!

Scott Martin :)

Thanks Rebecca!

8 songs may not sound like a lot, but given the time taken to write and record them, its actually pretty good!

Also, im thinking of most artists who release an album of 12 or so songs every few years - Max is way ahead when you think of it that way!

*Sabine*

Well, when I first considered the question, i would have said he was busy with 10-15 songs per year. But it might actually differ quite a lot depending on the years. For example, if you compare 1999 and 2003, it's gonna be very different.
He may write many more songs than we think but like 10 get until full production and turn on as real tracks. I remember reading once that it usually took him around one week to write a song. Next, editing, recording, mixing, post producing and stuff should take around one month, depending on how many they are to work on the song.
And yes I agree, Max must have a stock of so many demos we'd love so much i'm sure! :D

Feelgoodlies

I would say he writes too many per a year, we don't know how many exactly, because we only get to know the ones that they come out, I'm sure he has too many unreleased ones.

Rebecca

I didn't think of it that way Scott! but yes, true! a band will release 12 songs every 2 or 3 years (or sometimes a lot longer), so Max's 8 songs per year is a lot!

yes, true Sabine, when you consider that he produces almost all of them too, Max is pretty busy!