• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Some stories from Max about "Baby One More Time"

Started by georg_e, August 09, 2010, 04:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Hey, found this cool little article on the writing/recording of "Baby One More  Time" from the "Billboard Book of Number One Hits" -- if you've never read, it has some interesting (and some funny ;-)  stuff from Max.        http://books.google.com/books?id=PgGqNrqfrsoC&pg=PT886&lpg=PT886&dq=max+martin+sings+on+demos&source=bl&ots=cHEf2hfcfA&sig=yt09SUHvo_S3QA_0rnhOb-fjIz0&hl=en&ei=cl9fTLmmOIKClAf5x9zYCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CEIQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Izalightblue

I can't seem to find the link, is it a review that talks about it? If it is , it's not working, and the rest of the page only shows info about the book, nothing related to baby one more time stories!!! ??? I wanna read them!!!!

Rebecca

Thanks, but I can't see the quotes from Max, what page are they on?

georg_e

Quote from: maxmartin'sfan on August 09, 2010, 10:10:14 AM
http://books.google.com/books?id=JQoEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA80&dq=max%20martin%20sings%20on%20demos&hl=fr&pg=PA80#v=onepage&q&f=false  better link !
Thnxx, but that's not the one I meant.....weird, because I tested the link out on my post and it worked for me......I'll try to figure it out, and if I can't, I'll just copy out what Max said....

maxmartin'sfan

Quote from: georg_e on August 09, 2010, 03:19:24 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=JQoEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA80&dq=max%20martin%20sings%20on%20demos&hl=fr&pg=PA80#v=onepage&q&f=false  better link !
Thnxx, but that's not the one I meant.....weird, because I tested the link out on my post and it worked for me......I'll try to figure it out, and if I can't, I'll just copy out what Max said....
haha sorry

Izalightblue

Quote from: georg_e on August 09, 2010, 03:19:24 PM

Yes, George, please!! :)

georg_e

Hmmm. don't know what to do about that link, so I just copied out here what Max and Rami said....

First, Max is talking about why they had to leave "Hit Me" out of the song title......

"To me it was obvious that it meant 'so let's do it again' or 'try this once more'. But it was a big controversy. I was very naive, thinking the Americans would accept that kind of a title. They were very scared radio would not play it, and they were probably right, since she was a debut artist.

I was in Florida and Jeff Fenster asked me to stop by the office in New York to meet this girl while I was in America. She was all dressed up. She was 16 at the time. She thought I was a 50 year old producer from the old school. I had really long hair at the time -- I looked like Ozzy Osbourne. It was pretty obvious she had something, even though she was very quiet and shy at the time.

Here Max talks about him returning to Sweden and writing BOMT.......

"I decided right after the song was done that it could work for her. I wrote on the Dictaphone. I came up with the melody first. I wrote the chorus -- you just hum it in."

Then he played the Dictaphone tape to Rami.....

'Thanks to him, that song sounds the way it does. He is much more urban and R&B-based than me. I'm more of a melody man. so he's a big reason that song turned out the way it did.

"Britney came very well prepared. Since BOMT was the first song, we really didn't know where to take it.  We just kept on recording. We tried a couple of different styles. After a while, I could hear her stomach growl in the microphone. I asked her if she was hungry. She said "No, I'm fine". I said let's take a break, and she ate three burgers.  :D

This was first time Max and Rami collaborated, and Rami says..........

'Because this was the first time working with Max, I really wanted to do it well. It was like a tryout. I know from Denniz Pop and Max's productions, when we do a song, there's a kind of nasal thing. With N'Sync and Backstreet Boys, we had to push for that mid-nasal voice. When Britney did that, she got this kind of raspy, sexy voice".

Izalightblue

Raul_esp

klukan

That was some crazy-shit of an incredible first collaboration !!  ;D

georg_e

^    ^    ^

Funny!!!!      :D :D

Rebecca

Feelgoodlies

We know u Max, u r such a great melody man

and oh urban and r'n'b? BOMT is a pure pop track! I know that he once said what's pop in the US is R'n'B in Sweden, I wonder what r'n'b is then?