• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kim Petras Official Thread

Started by melodicmoonlight, August 04, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 08, 2022, 05:22:20 AM
Um... yeah... that user McCarthyMartin should probably get banned. Those are blatant transphobic, highly offensive remarks.

To educate you: Kim is a trans woman and identifies as a woman. Her pronouns are 'her' and 'she' because, well, she's a woman. Being snarky about calling her 'him' does not make you look cool or edgy. It's just ignorant, mean, and doesn't serve any purpose.
his assigned sex at birth was male you can't change that after you are born. I pity all of you people that think that this type of behavior is normal. You're all brainwashed.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 08, 2022, 05:22:20 AM
Um... yeah... that user McCarthyMartin should probably get banned. Those are blatant transphobic, highly offensive remarks.

To educate you: Kim is a trans woman and identifies as a woman. Her pronouns are 'her' and 'she' because, well, she's a woman. Being snarky about calling her 'him' does not make you look cool or edgy. It's just ignorant, mean, and doesn't serve any purpose.
One last thing before I eventually get ban hammered: Kim Petras YOU. WILL. NEVER. BE. A. WOMAN. PERIOD!

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on July 08, 2022, 04:58:10 PM
One last thing before I eventually get ban hammered: Kim Petras YOU. WILL. NEVER. BE. A. WOMAN. PERIOD!

You are a deranged, depraved, psychotic human being. Seek help.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on July 08, 2022, 04:56:34 PM
Her assigned sex at birth was male and she changed that after she was born. I pity myself for judging this type of behavior and being the decider of what is normal. I am brainwashed by close-minded conservatism and toxic masculinity.

fixed :)

bugmenot

I argue is it twice as strange to personally appeal to Kim Petras on a forum she will never read than to be concerned with the state of her genitalia at all. It's like people talking with a tv-set.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: bugmenot on July 11, 2022, 09:55:51 AM
I argue is it twice as strange to personally appeal to Kim Petras on a forum she will never read than to be concerned with the state of her genitalia at all. It's like people talking with a tv-set.

Yet here you are commenting on the matter. Look at that! I argue is that thrice as strange?

This thread is about Kim's music. Defending her against transphobic comments is not "talking with a TV set." What do you think the internet is?

Please type nothing at all if you have nothing substantial to contribute.

bugmenot

Snipes3000

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on July 08, 2022, 04:58:10 PM

You can put her coconuts in your mouth and be a throat goat - slut pop
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 30, 2022, 08:56:03 AM
Kim's next song will be a collab with Sam Smith!

For her project or Sam's project?
These are great news!

BCH2003

It looks like Kim’s debut album won’t be coming anytime soon. As she confirmed by replying to this tweet, Problématique has officially been scrapped, and it’s also revealed that there was a another album called “Candy” that was going to replace Problématique, that also got scrapped.

Confirmation Tweet: https://twitter.com/IamAlexRafael/status/1553395733826572290?
Candy Tweet: https://twitter.com/kimpetras/status/1550351905536106498?
https://twitter.com/kimpetras/status/1550351905536106498?

The tracklist for Candy was also shown in her documentary with Amazon called “The Lead Up with Kim Petras”, and as her official fanpage has confirmed, it looks like it was recorded around March of this year. The tracklist also included previous leaked songs such as “Dirty Dirty” and “Choker”.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/BunheadHQ/status/1550209779066253313?
Track list: https://images.genius.com/21fd27606fe7e7b311711d5f787c6077.738x1000x1.jpg

Also, The title track “Problematique” got leaked today. Just a little snippet, but it’s cool to finally hear what it sounds like, even though it’s short. Also, this was the song where it rumored that she mocked the people who call her problematic for working Dr. Luke. Anyway, here’s the snippet. As far as the melody goes, it’s got a catchy groove and looks like it’s going to be a disco inspired bop.

Problematique snippet: https://twitter.com/bl00dypetras/status/1553850469256232960

Honestly, It’s such a shame. Based on the lead single “The Future Starts Now” and some of the leaks like All She Wants, Born Again, and the snippets of Revelations, the album would’ve been a smash if it had a better rollout.

Anyways, looking forward for the Sam Smith collab, can’t wait to see what she does next :).

Snipes3000

Thanks for the post. Im just curious about your perspective on how do you think the rollout could be better, or how would you think it would have been done right?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

BCH2003

Quote from: Snipes3000 on August 01, 2022, 10:11:11 AM
Thanks for the post. Im just curious about your perspective on how do you think the rollout could be better, or how would you think it would have been done right?
I was thinking, they can keep Future Starts Now as a lead single, but maybe release it a day after Lollapolazza or one or two weeks after she previewed it back on July 6th. I was thinking for Coconuts, that maybe release and preview the song around the summer instead of the winter. As it feels like , and maybe replace Coconuts with Born Again as the second single, and release it on November instead of December like Coconuts. They also said that the third single was going to be Hit it from the Back, but I was thinking maybe replacing All She Wants as the third single in March. Maybe make Hit it From the Back a stand alone single and release it in June just in time for Pride Month.

I was also thinking maybe scrap Slut Pop. While it's a guilty pleasure for me, you could say it was the reason why the original third single was delayed and kind of stalled everything for her. Maybe make Treat Me as a stand alone single for Valentines Day, or maybe next year so it doesn't collide with the album rollout.

Sorry if it comes out jumbled. I don't really work in the music industry, i'm just a music fan. Anyways, hope it answers your questions.

nanofives

Are we treating this as a debut album? What were the other 2/3/4 (depending on how you count her previous releases)?

I think it's very sad not seeing her blew up as she should, but after 5 years of this I think she's on borrowed time from her label, other artists for way less they would have been dropped already.

Am I reading this situation wrongly?

BCH2003

Quote from: nanofives on August 01, 2022, 02:08:03 PM
Are we treating this as a debut album? What were the other 2/3/4 (depending on how you count her previous releases)?

I think it's very sad not seeing her blew up as she should, but after 5 years of this I think she's on borrowed time from her label, other artists for way less they would have been dropped already.

Am I reading this situation wrongly?
No you're not reading the situation wrongly. She was supposed to release her album this year, but it sadly got scrapped.  The two singles she previously released, Future Starts Now and Coconuts, were originally going to be apart of Problematique, and Hit it From the Back was going to be the third single until it got leaked. So, there goes that.

To add, even though she released "Clarity" and Turn Off The Light Vols. 1 & 2, she considered them both mixtapes and not albums.