• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble

Started by growapear, October 17, 2012, 07:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

growapear

The 2nd Max & Shellback track for the upcoming 'Red' album recently premiered (even if you didn't know it was them, that first guitar chord and funky electric sound is such a giveaway of what Shellback is doing right now!)

I think it's a great song itself and actually love all the crazy melting pot of genres mixed in, but Taylor Swift + (light) Dubstep doesn't really seem right to me... it's a shame that she has kind of succumbed to the club-ready mainstream needs, but it's also understandable. That isn't really meant as a criticism of Max, Shellback or Taylor though!

What does everyone think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY19UekAORQ

nznexus

. i love this song :D

.. shes doing pop now
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

Great song, and there is another song on the album according to iTunes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(Taylor_Swift_album)

22 also by Shellback and Max.
And I liked it..

Joshua

I'd seen it on the charts and what not, but never even thought to listen to it... I had no idea it was the other Max/Shellback track! It's not bad at all, a definite grower. I thought maybe "We Are Never..." might have been a one off style wise, but yeah, now it's sounding like she's going to go fully pop.

Looking forward to hearing "22".

gm33

22 is on YouTube and it's awesome!!!!!! I love Taylor!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Raul_esp

Woww ''22'' Is great too , great work Max  you're a genius!!

I love the ohhhh of the second chorus in I knew you were trouble , it's so poppy.

Alex Martin

What can i say? ANother great song...the genius is a legend!!!!!

Joshua

Oooh, "22" is my favourite out of the three Max tracks, love it! Sounds like it could have featured on Carly Rae's album though haha.

By the way, has anyone heard the country mix of "We Are Never..."? It's all over YouTube too.

Babs

Found an article from Time.com, where Taylor Swift also talks about I Knew You Were Trouble: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/10/19/taylor-swift-on-going-pop-ignoring-the-gossip-and-the-best-worst-nickname-shes-ever-had/#ixzz29r0Wq0To

"I actually came up with the melody on piano, and brought it to [producers] Max Martin and Shellback and said, I want to finish this, and I want to make it sound as chaotic as that emotion felt. I'll sing the base line. I just want it to sound like this: poom poom poom poom poom. And they're like, maybe we can infuse a little bit of dubstep. It's one of the most adventurous songs on the record, soundwise. I love it. I'm so proud that it's sitting at number one on iTunes."

Also, Bilboard Magazine's latest print issue features interview with Taylor Swift, which I think should be interesting as it is titled: "How she assembled her hit squad to make her most ambitious album yet." Probably more about Max and Shellback in this issue :-)

gm33

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Rebecca

wow, I love I Knew You Were Trouble and 22, just awesome!

turnaround

And I liked it..