Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Doris Sandberg is in the Disaster music video

Is this her first public appearance? I can tell it's her but no one gave a shoutout anywhere on social media afaik.

the lyrics are very Julia Michaelsonian haha. pretty solid. this the first time she and Cirkut have crossed paths musically?

Yes, it is, I've seen that they worked on the same album of various artist but never on the same song. Kinda weird Conan decided to put out an album with all songs made by one producer except this one, maybe is this the last song they recorded for the project? I'm disappointed he didn't include Ilya's song from last year, it was one of the highlights of 2021 for me.
New Songs / Re: Mattman & Robin Productions Thread
« Last post by BCH2003 on June 27, 2022, 03:50:31 PM »
Well, if the band wanted the guitars louder, they would've been louder.
When working with a mix engineer the artist is always going through a process of revisions until everyone involved is satisfied with the mix. This includes the band, managers, the label, A&r's, and sometimes even their moms, girlfriends, etc.

But I definitely get what you're saying. The guitars in this song sound more like a "background texture" rather than a real accompaniment. They're super quite. I believe this is done on purpose though to really make the guitars at the end of the song pop (starting at 2:18).
I thought you would already know this, McCartneyMartin, since you said that you were more of a engineer/mixer kind of guy.
« Last post by Helluvafella on June 27, 2022, 01:14:31 PM »
These guys just aren't a fit for a rock band that tries to be epic and over the top. Also can somebody please fire Serban Ghenea as he can't mix guitars loud enough for the sake of it they're always buried by the sparse percussion and vocals. Not balanced nor up front.

Well, if the band wanted the guitars louder, they would've been louder.
When working with a mix engineer the artist is always going through a process of revisions until everyone involved is satisfied with the mix. This includes the band, managers, the label, A&r's, and sometimes even their moms, girlfriends, etc.

But I definitely get what you're saying. The guitars in this song sound more like a "background texture" rather than a real accompaniment. They're super quite. I believe this is done on purpose though to really make the guitars at the end of the song pop (starting at 2:18).
i'm personally not a fan of the snare. sounds messy
the lyrics are very Julia Michaelsonian haha. pretty solid. this the first time she and Cirkut have crossed paths musically?
« Last post by McCartneyMartin on June 25, 2022, 07:28:42 PM »
Oh, whine whine whine. Is all you ever do is repeat yourself?
Do you even listen to a word I said?
I think in your publishing company you have an ID and your songs have IDs.
Otherwise, it would be a disaster for Johns Smiths to receive their royalties if it was tracked down with your names.
New Songs / Oscar Görres Productions Thread
« Last post by nanofives on June 25, 2022, 03:02:39 PM »

According to Linda's Instagram page:
Written by Linda Pritchard
Produced by Linda Pritchard and Oscar Görres
I thought the snare in the end was wrong, but after a second listen I feel it's meant to be oversaturated, odd choice but I love it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10