• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry PRISM vs. Lady Gaga ARTPOP

Started by turnaround, July 30, 2013, 12:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Probably the most anticipated albums by far.

Which of these albums do you think will have more influence. Media-wise and success-wise.

And I liked it..

B Steady

Lady Gaga of course but the Katy Perry album will be much better!!

I don't agree with "by far"! Don't you forget Drake & Britney Spears, also Miley Cyrus.
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I kind of doubt Drake or Miley Cirus will be as highly anticipated as these two, probably not even Britney. Gaga's last album underperformed but I think people will still be eager to see what she comes back with, and given Katy's recent success I think people will be naturally expecting big things.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on July 30, 2013, 12:56:42 PM
I kind of doubt Drake or Miley Cirus will be as highly anticipated as these two, probably not even Britney. Gaga's last album underperformed but I think people will still be eager to see what she comes back with, and given Katy's recent success I think people will be naturally expecting big things.

In Hip Hop circles people are starving for Drake's album. Including me :D

I don't anticipate anything more than his album.

After that Katy, Miley, Britney and last but not least Gaga.

But there are so many great albums to come: Juicy J, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, DJ Khaled, Jason Derulo, Jessie J, Rihanna ... It's going to be an expensive year for me :D
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Oh yeah I have no doubt people are anticipating them, I just don't think it's on the same scale numbers wise as Gaga & Perry.

Rebecca

I am highly anticipating Katy Perry's album, although I am very interested to see what Gaga comes up with. I couldn't guess who will sell more, I suppose Lady Gaga will.

turnaround

Katy had really a perfect choice of singles and everything about the release campaign was amazing.

For Katy it will be hard to top the success of "Teenage Dream" but I guess Gaga can easily be more succesful with Artpop than she was with "Born this way".

I also have a big list with releases I am looking forward, but I guess Katy and Perry will be in another league.

And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on July 30, 2013, 02:08:29 PM
I also have a big list with releases I am looking forward, but I guess Katy and Perry will be in another league.

As will Lady and Gaga! ;D

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Axel

that's a really really tough question in my opinion. I don't think it's that crystal clear. Gaga will certainly try to provoke but the expectations to her are even higher than to Perry, IMO. Not because of the chart success, but rather because everyone expects Gaga to go down an even riskier route than Perry.

B Steady

Im excited for the Zedd productions on Artpop. He's an excellent EDM producer - and he's German :D
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: Axel on July 30, 2013, 02:31:43 PM
that's a really really tough question in my opinion. I don't think it's that crystal clear. Gaga will certainly try to provoke but the expectations to her are even higher than to Perry, IMO. Not because of the chart success, but rather because everyone expects Gaga to go down an even riskier route than Perry.

You're right, people will have higher expectations of Gaga and be waiting to see what she does, but I still think there will be just as many people holding out for Katy's record, probably minus the artistic curiosity. I just think their fan bases must be fairly equal, so as many people should be waiting for each. But there's probably wider interest in the content of Gaga's new work from even her not so die hard fans.

turnaround

Quote from: Joshua on July 30, 2013, 02:19:55 PM
As will Lady and Gaga! ;D
LOL
Red Luke and Dr. One up in arms!!

Thinking before posting *notetomyself*

And I liked it..

Axel

I agree that the fan-bases will probably similar in size, but Gaga draws even more mass-media interest.

nznexus

Quote from: B Steady on July 30, 2013, 02:34:13 PM
Im excited for the Zedd productions on Artpop. He's an excellent EDM producer - and he's German :D

zedd...

oh noe..

nooo!! NOT ZEDD. he ruined all songs he made collaborations with!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.