• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry PRISM vs. Lady Gaga ARTPOP

Started by turnaround, July 30, 2013, 12:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Now that I've had to choose between the two, I just took a risk and went Katy. She had more success last time and over a more sustained period, but who's to say it wont swap around this time and be the same for Googoo. I do agree with Axel though that the mass media attention will be on Artpop, at least initially.

B Steady

The marketing strategies for PRISM are superb and obviously pretty effective! Almost every German magazine covered already the album title (at least online). But Lady Gaga will sell more, I'm pretty sure.
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Quote from: B Steady on July 30, 2013, 02:34:13 PM
Im excited for the Zedd productions on Artpop. He's an excellent EDM producer - and he's German :D

That's exciting that Zedd is working with Gaga, now I'm excited about Lady Gaga's album too.

Raul_esp

I'm excited for both , but I have more hopes for Katy cause it will have Max and Dr luke songs.

nznexus

never liked gaga. so i dont care about her new album!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

Quote from: nznexus on August 01, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
never liked gaga. so i dont care about her new album!

Same, I only like a few of her tracks, but she's definitely an empire of an artist for whatever reason. All the theatrics probably.

Feelgoodlies

Definitely GaGa sales and impact. Katy Perry was never an album seller, she only sells singles, although of course I like her better since she's more pop and collaborates with our guy Max but she has no chance getting in the way of GaGa!

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 03, 2013, 11:18:17 PM
Definitely GaGa sales and impact. Katy Perry was never an album seller, she only sells singles, although of course I like her better since she's more pop and collaborates with our guy Max but she has no chance getting in the way of GaGa!

not an album seller? ??? her two albums sold more than 8,000,000 times!
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: B Steady on August 03, 2013, 11:28:02 PM
not an album seller? ??? her two albums sold more than 8,000,000 times!
Honey those are overall figures, what I meant was first week sales, that's how you prove yourself!

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 04, 2013, 11:41:20 PM
Honey those are overall figures, what I meant was first week sales, that's how you prove yourself!

Not agreed
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

I don't agree either.

Adele's album wasn't huge in the first week, but boy was it huge for the following 1-2 years. :)

B Steady

Quote from: Axel on August 07, 2013, 02:29:22 PM
I don't agree either.

Adele's album wasn't huge in the first week, but boy was it huge for the following 1-2 years. :)

how would it even make sense that you prove yourself with the first week sales?!

it's about longevity!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: B Steady on August 07, 2013, 02:59:37 PM
how would it even make sense that you prove yourself with the first week sales?!

it's about longevity!
When you sell around nine hundered thousand copy it means you proved you are big enough to even make another three albums. I never liked slow album sellers unless you're a debut!