• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Selena Gomez 'Kill em with kindness'

Started by NeutronSynergy, June 20, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeutronSynergy

About this single "Kill em with kindness"

I think who ever wakes up with Someone who look's like young Cindy Crafword and then sings to you like young Mariah Carey
is well..motivated (happy) to say the least as a person - being it shallow or not.

it strikes (in a way) in first 15 seconds on an ultimately minimalistic format while still stays interesting  - the message goes deeper.

alis grave nil

j.fco.morales

I think the song is bland, nothing special.

Record her vocals must be such an annoying work.
Who vocal produces Selena?

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 25, 2016, 08:51:44 PM

Who vocal produces Selena?

Taking Blanco's history into account with Dr L - M.Martin then
for vocal production - a guess would be : Hersfelf + Antonina or / and B.Blanco. 

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 25, 2016, 08:51:44 PM
Record her vocals must be such an annoying work.

What do you mean?
alis grave nil

sonnyblack2000

Well she s not the best vocalist around (although she s made tremendous progress) but with a singer like that there s a lot of takes and punch in punch out to get the right takes, and then comping and tuning etc. Its tedious work. I ve been in sessio ns like that they feel never ending
As for that killing em with kindness song I do agree its a bit bland but the whistle part is effective

j.fco.morales

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on July 03, 2016, 06:36:46 PM
Well she s not the best vocalist around (although she s made tremendous progress) but with a singer like that there s a lot of takes and punch in punch out to get the right takes, and then comping and tuning etc. Its tedious work. I ve been in sessio ns like that they feel never ending
As for that killing em with kindness song I do agree its a bit bland but the whistle part is effective

You get me :)

NeutronSynergy

This song belong's a to category where the song's effectiveness is heavily counting for the lyrical -idea / theme it has.

It sound's as it's been constructed heavily to rely on the logic's of  what the message on the songs is giving.

That's what caught on with it first.   It's kind of interesting when the meaning of the song rises those hard worked recording/writing - long hours as well song/instrument performance (adding depth and meaning)- to another level - like for example Michael Jackson's 'Stranger in Moscow'

alis grave nil

NeutronSynergy

alis grave nil

B Steady

you did not just compare KEWK to Stranger in Moscow!  :'(
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on July 04, 2016, 10:36:05 PM

Yes, please.
It's annoying.

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: B Steady on July 04, 2016, 10:36:05 PM

Yep . that is correct - I didn't,   just the "the song's effectiveness is heavily counting for the lyrical -idea / theme it has." - part :
the method and abstract of it.  , though 'Stranger in Moscow' as a song is in a different league.

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 05, 2016, 04:31:41 AM
Yes, please.
It's annoying.

That would be true. I hope you get me right   8)
alis grave nil

NeutronSynergy

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on July 03, 2016, 06:36:46 PM

Man that must have been a killer, it's ice cold sweat when thing's go to that - might be interesting if you're doing it with Yngwie Malmsteen or Charlie Parker(or definitely with
Ritchie Blackmore)..I suppose
Sambora is a - "nail in with the first strike " - man when they did Bon jovi..(at least the multi-track sounds un-editet and complete as a take)

About vocal performance:
I've always find it ..fascinating that record companies find's 'the best in the industry' /around , though I remember reading that Freddy Mercury came in to the studio while in 'innuendo'
sessions and that Brian or Roger had write the lyrics - gave the song to him and he sang and interpreted the singing parts (and if remembering correct :supposedly improvised the melody partially )simultaneously --> just with one take  - The song was called 'The show must go on'.

Interned told that:

just a few months before his death. ... consumed a measure of vodka, said "I'll fucking do it darling", and sang the vocals in one take.
alis grave nil

sonnyblack2000

Hey Neuron 1/2 the time i have no clue what you're talking about  :o

j.fco.morales

Well, again... comparing Freddie with Selena is unfair for Selena.

And Freddie was beyond anything: he was very sick when he recorded The Show Must Go On and man, the song is about him written from the perspective of his bandmates.

Such a lose.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Axel

(*orders some of the stuff Neutron is consuming because it must be good*)