• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How Luke and Max split the chorus writing of.......

Started by georg_e, June 23, 2010, 01:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

How Luke and Max wrote  1/2 each of chorus of "Dynamite" , and other good stories in this full length profile of Dr. Luke in this week's "New York Magazine"  :-)       http://nymag.com/guides/summer/2010/66784/

Izalightblue

Amazing found, thanks!! Very interesting to know about the songwriting process... what makes me realize lately Max has been writing less and creating less, I was already suspicious about it!

PG

That really is a fantastic find!  Thank you.

I wish they'd told us which half of the hook they each wrote, but it was such a pleasure to get to read an article with that kind of insight into how Dr. Luke works:  straight from the man himself.  The details about how he works and the alternate versions of the songs are just the sort of thing I'd love to hear more about from writers.  I wish there was a magazine totally devoted to articles like this one ;D

georg_e

Glad you guys liked it ;-)   I was happy to run across it today --I think it may be the first full length profile on Luke, at least in the US. (Rolling Stone had a shorter one this spring).

Izalightblue

I got Taio Cruz digital booklet, here you can see the credits of Dynamite:

DYNAMITE
WRITTEN BY L. GOTTWALD, M. MARTIN, B. LEVIN,
B. MCKEE, T. CRUZ / © 2010 KASZ MONEY PUBLISHING
(ASCAP)/MARATONE (ASCAP) (ADM. BY KOBALT SONGS
MUSIC PUBLISHING, INC.)/MATZA BALL MUSIC/WHERE
DA KASZ AT (BMI)/BONNIE MCKEE MUSIC-WHERE
DA KASZ AT/CYP TWO PUBLISHING (BMI)/EMI MUSIC
PUBLISHING / PRODUCED BY DR. LUKE AND BENNY
BLANCO FOR KASZ MONEY PRODUCTIONS, INC. /
ENGINEERED BY EMILY WRIGHT / RECORDED AT
A SIDE STUDIOS, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN AND
DR. LUKE'S, LOS ANGELES, CA / ASSISTED BY TATIANA
GOTTWALD / PRODUCTION COORDINATION BY IRENE
RICHTER, VANESSA SILBERMAN AND MEGAN DENNIS /
MIXED BY SERBAN GHENEA / MIXED AT MIXSTAR
STUDIOS, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA / ENGINEERED FOR MIX
BY JOHN HANES / ASSISTANT ENGINEER FOR MIX: TIM
ROBERTS / VOCALS BY TAIO CRUZ / DRUMS, KEYBOARDS
AND PROGRAMMING BY DR. LUKE AND BENNY BLANCO /
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING & INSTRUMENTATION
BY TAIO CRUZ FOR ROKSTARR MUSIC / MASTERED BY
TOM COYNE AT STERLING SOUND, NYC

Max only did some chorus lyrics and some hook!! This is a definitely a Dr. Luke's song!! Interesting to notice it was part recorded at Aside Studios!

Rebecca

wow, thank you. That was so interesting! I wish there were more of those sort of articles too. I'm sorry to read that Dr Luke's father has cancer though, how sad.

Raul_esp

great! that's was amazing! the best part of ''dynamite'' is the max part! the bridge and the first part of the chorus , the middle 8 is great too.

georg_e

Quote from: Raul_esp on June 23, 2010, 05:41:10 PM
great! that's was amazing! the best part of ''dynamite'' is the max part! the bridge and the first part of the chorus , the middle 8 is great too.
Yes, my favorite part of the song is the second part of the bridge where it goes "And I-I-I......I just want it all...."
Beautiful melody there ;-)

Alex Martin

Dr luke is great but MAX MARTIN IS THE KING!!!!

Izalightblue

Quote from: georg_e on June 23, 2010, 01:50:39 AM

How Luke and Max wrote  1/2 each of chorus of "Dynamite" , and other good stories in this full length profile of Dr. Luke in this week's "New York Magazine"  :-)       http://nymag.com/guides/summer/2010/66784/

Hmmmm, I was just wondering...does anyone know what part of the chorus Max wrote? I guess it was
'Cause we gon' rock this club
We gon' go all night
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite
Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite

I just thought that 'cause of the '' 'gon '' stuff  and how this melody part it's different from the beginning. In '' If U seek Amy'' there's also the '' gon' '' word : I just wanna go to the party that she gon' go '' Hmmmmm.... what do you guys think ?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, it just popped up in my head and I got curious. :P

Raul_esp

Quote from: Izalightblue on July 17, 2010, 11:27:24 PM
Quote from: georg_e on June 23, 2010, 01:50:39 AM

How Luke and Max wrote  1/2 each of chorus of "Dynamite" , and other good stories in this full length profile of Dr. Luke in this week's "New York Magazine"  :-)       http://nymag.com/guides/summer/2010/66784/

Hmmmm, I was just wondering...does anyone know what part of the chorus Max wrote? I guess it was
'Cause we gon' rock this club
We gon' go all night
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite
Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' light it up
Like it's dynamite

I just thought that 'cause of the '' 'gon '' stuff  and how this melody part it's different from the beginning. In '' If U seek Amy'' there's also the '' gon' '' word : I just wanna go to the party that she gon' go '' Hmmmmm.... what do you guys think ?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, it just popped up in my head and I got curious. :P

i think the melody of the first chorus sounds more maxish , and this part is semble to tik tok , it's more by dr luke , but i'm not sure .

klukan

I think max wrote the first part of the chorus because it's the most melodic. I can imagine max demo singing it

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO!
Baby, let's go!

I wouldn't reject that max came up with the dynamite concept, though

Izalightblue

Quote from: klukan on July 21, 2010, 07:42:02 PM
I think max wrote the first part of the chorus because it's the most melodic. I can imagine max demo singing it

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO!
Baby, let's go!

I wouldn't reject that max came up with the dynamite concept, though

Hmmm.... Reading again the interview and listening to the song a lot times, I guess I'm gonna have to agree with you, guys. Klukan, for some reason, I can't picture Max singing it, so glad you do! :D

Raul_esp

i would kill for a video with max writing a song  ;D

Izalightblue

It would be very interesting seeing the whole process and everything... but I guess that's one of the secrets Max keeps well hidden! ;)