• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry in studio with Martin/ Dr Luke - New album PRISM

Started by NIKLAS"NiCkY", January 16, 2010, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

Quote from: georg_e on April 01, 2011, 04:21:07 PM

Interesting about the history of the song......  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661086/katy-perry-et-three-6-mafia.jhtml          (Part of "E.T." melody has always reminded me of "Set It Off" chorus (Max/Luke for Vanessa Hudgens)

Great article , yes you're right , they both have a strange sound in the chorus  ;D

Raul_esp

Seems ''Last friday night'' will be the next Katy perry single , Another hit!!

georg_e

Quote from: Raul_esp on April 19, 2011, 02:34:33 AM
Seems ''Last friday night'' will be the next Katy perry single , Another hit!!
I hope it will be next single.......my fave!!!   Would be great for Summer :D

Rebecca

Fantastic! I love that song too. It has to go No.1!

Alex Martin

It would be great 5 katy's single and 5 number one hits!!!!

Raul_esp

I hope it be the next single , I love the song so much.

Matteo87

It's official! Last Friday Night will be the next single!  :D

Just got the word... @katyperry approved our @Hott22 Remix of her next single #LastFridayNight !!!!!
6:35 PM Apr 15th via web

Another number #1?
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Raul_esp

gm33

That's great news. I love that song.

But...hopefully the radio single version of "last friday night" will be released as the album version, and not some horrible remix.

I really hate when Max songs get released as singles only to be remixed (like the silly Kayne version of ET or the Darkchild remix of Overprotected). Of course the Max Martin remix of "Crazy" was perfect as was the video remix version of "Larger Than Life" :) :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

georg_e

Quote from: gm33 on April 21, 2011, 03:02:48 PM
That's great news. I love that song.

But...hopefully the radio single version of "last friday night" will be released as the album version, and not some horrible remix.

I really hate when Max songs get released as singles only to be remixed (like the silly Kayne version of ET or the Darkchild remix of Overprotected). Of course the Max Martin remix of "Crazy" was perfect as was the video remix version of "Larger Than Life" :) :)
Ahh, good point....I hadn't even thought of them maybe remixing it......I agree it's perfect just as it is, but I love this so song soooo much I wouldn't mind too terribly if they put maybe Snoop on it...now THAT might work OK!   I think they might do something like that just to give it a little extra edge......but if it gets it to #1 I'd be OK with it.  But I agree, too bad that seems to be the trend now......I don't think they can really wreck this song though --it's too damn good!!! 

JackSnr

I wouldn't mind some kind of revamping of the song like what Rihanna did with Britney for S&M. Amazing as it is, It has been out for a while and they should change it so that people can buy it again and it can go to #1.

Additionally, after this song wont they be running out of singles? I can't wait for the re-release of Teenage Dream.

Matteo87

"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Raul_esp

Quote from: Matteo87 on April 22, 2011, 10:42:51 AM
Nice Katy's performance on American Idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ewi6WSFA8&feature=player_embedded

Has Kanye put on weight? :O

Great performance , she sounded good live , althought I miss the middle 8  :(

georg_e

Great acoustic version of "Last Friday Night"!!!    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDiCCsskp8

Check his channel --he made GREAT acoustic versions of all Katy's Max/Luke songs :D   http://www.youtube.com/user/KatyPerrylolol