• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry in studio with Martin/ Dr Luke - New album PRISM

Started by NIKLAS"NiCkY", January 16, 2010, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unexpected

A new song from the release called Wide Awake  I loved it since a clip  leaked month ago and today the iTunes version leaked and here're the producers

Katy Perry, Max Martin, Lukasz Gottwald, Bonnie McKee & Henry Walter

I knew this song is amazing the moment I heard it.

Raul_esp

Quote from: Unexpected on March 23, 2012, 02:21:12 AM
A new song from the release called Wide Awake  I loved it since a clip  leaked month ago and today the iTunes version leaked and here're the producers

Katy Perry, Max Martin, Lukasz Gottwald, Bonnie McKee & Henry Walter

I knew this song is amazing the moment I heard it.

Yeah the song is great and different , new sound for Katy.

turnaround

What do you think of "Wide awake"

Album is released in Germany and I  think it's pretty good. A grower I guess.
And I liked it..

Unexpected

Wide Awake was instant with me, since a low quality clip leaked I loved it, didn't know it was Max then.

Rebecca

I bought the album the other day, I love "Wide Awake", it's an excellent song. 

Feelgoodlies

I didn't find "Wide Awake" to be as great as some of you. It's an OK song!

The melody just doesn't get changed throughout the song. There is no Max/Luke excitment at all , I hate it when a song is like that.

Axel

My first impression is the same... I find it good but it doesn't blow me away. I like the melody in the chorus.

I completely fell in love with Part of Me though. This is such a pumping song it always makes me smile like hell. Don't like the video though.

Dominik

not in my opinion...I mean it's not a song that gets you in the first round but I think it has
a very deep feeling to it and also the production is different and more organic. The song is more
like a build up throughout the song especially with that second chorus hook which is the main
hook for my understanding. Also the vocal production is totally perfect. I love the ahhh choirs
in the end. It's my favourite Katy Perry Track together with Teenage Dream. No Max and Luke
excitement?! :o I mean are you kidding me?  ???

Axel

sure, the production is very good. But to me the production alone can't drive the whole song.

But don't get me wrong.. it's still a very solid track, it just doesn't grab me as much as The One Who Got Away or Part of Me. The reasons? I have no idea. :-)

Btw, in that MTV clip it was interesting to hear that there will be a 3d movie coming around the summer giving you "behind the scenes" look on her recordings, tour etc... Judging from the remarks in the intereview, I'm guessing that either Wide Awake or Dressing Up will be singles around the time the movie hits theaters.

Axel

okay, now you got me..  I will listen to "Wide Awake" some more on repeat. :)

Rebecca

wow, I totally adore "Wide Awake"! it got me on the second listen. It's also my favourite Katy song after "Teenage Dream". I agree, it's unlike a normal Max/Luke song, it doesn't have the big chorus, but it has so much feeling, I love it.

turnaround

Also needed some time but at one point I just would not stop hitting the repeat button.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Hmm I just had my first listen, and while the chorus chords are lovely, the melody is pretty lifeless... guess I need to play it again too! :)