• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Halsey — So Good (Max Martin)

Started by bugmenot, May 29, 2022, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

https://www.tiktok.com/@halsey/video/7100595685912775979
QuoteThe label didn't want to put the first version of So Good out because it was slow and emotional.
They asked her to re-produce it as a "classic pop record", so she worked with Max Martin.
Once they got that version, they said she needs to put out a "big pop song".
Now the label is blocking her from releasing this because it didn't go viral on tiktok.

nanofives

So they let her release an industrial album but not this pop record?

j.fco.morales

I mean, the label won't release the song until it gets viral on TikTok.

So she releases a TikTok about the song complaining about the label... and it goes viral.

Well done.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on May 30, 2022, 09:03:39 PM
So they let her release an industrial album but not this pop record?

it's a marketing scheme to drum up drama and "scandal" to give the song more attention, promote it, etc. it's the new trend with artists pretending that their label is forcing them to make TikToks. Charli XCX has done it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeOZonFsoAT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

melodicmoonlight

Sry for the double post but I just actually listened to the snippets for the first time and this song sounds amazing. Like such a nostalgic throwback to early 2010s Max Martin. A little bit of T Swift in the writing, a little Ed sheeran / Carolina liar. Glad that Halsey is embracing this and I hope it does well bc that means we could get more of that anthemic acoustic pop genre which I honestly never get tired of

Snipes3000

Doesn't really sound trendy. I can totally understand that a label doesnt see anything in it unless it goes viral, albeit that I only heard this little part so my judgment isn't fair.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Helluvafella

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 31, 2022, 09:29:46 PM
it's a marketing scheme to drum up drama and "scandal" to give the song more attention

This.

I mean if all she wanted to do is to ,,release music" as she claims, she could go independently without any label involvement whatsoever.

And it is ridiculous to claim that a label is holding back the release if Max Martin is on the record. If the label agreed to pay big bucks for Max then they absolutely do believe in the record.

Snipes3000

She cannot release music without the label's permission. That would be a violation of her contractual obligations. If labels would allow their 'stars' to do that, they would take the risk of letting these stars breaking down their image which the label has invested a lot in to be the best it can be. Obviously they don't wanna take that risk cause they aint stupid. Hence, these artists have contractual obligations that restricts those artists in coming out with new music related to the brand of the star.

The label is perhaps not the one who invested in Max Martin on this record. It could have also been set up by a publisher who invested in a song.

Labels take the most risk financially by dropping singles. The big three (Universal, Sony, Warner) are very picky and stingy about it and they should be. Otherwise they would have a hard time, just like those little indie labels who appear and are gone by the wind. The reason they vanish from the scene is because they invest money in songs that have no place in the charts and consequently the revenue of those songs becomes too low to keep their head above the water. Remember why Cheiron decided to morph their record label into a publishing company?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

Quote from: Helluvafella on June 06, 2022, 11:26:59 AM
And it is ridiculous to claim that a label is holding back the release if Max Martin is on the record. If the label agreed to pay big bucks for Max then they absolutely do believe in the record.

Actually there's a lot of Max's songs pending to be released over the years that up to this day haven't seen the light, mostly because labels think that the artist wouldn't make it.
Some examples are Bonnie Mckee's Nothing But You, Usher's Bedroom, Anitta's latest album that supposedly had a lot of songs with Max, Jonas Brothers' last album.

Please correct me if these examples are wrong.

j.fco.morales

I would love to hear those discarded songs.

nanofives

I love unreleased songs. Enrique Iglesias' Alive is one of my favorite Max's songs ever.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObUvyMtiP34

So Good is out.

Written By Sammy Witte, Sarah Aarons & Halsey.
Produced By Tobias Karlsson & Max Martin.
Mixing Engineer: Șerban Ghenea

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 10, 2022, 03:19:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObUvyMtiP34

So Good is out.

Written By Sammy Witte, Sarah Aarons & Halsey.
Produced By Tobias Karlsson & Max Martin.
Mixing Engineer: Șerban Ghenea
So much for the industrial pop era. Time for her to become the next puppet for Max's dead career.

nanofives

Loving this one a lot
I'm glad Max coming back to one of his oldest collaborators, it's been 7 years since the last time Max collaborated with Tobias Karlsson. At the same time makes me want a new Carolina Liar album.

melodicmoonlight

Incredible.

Songwriting is on point, production is simple but effective, great melody, and Halsey sounds great on this track. Taylor Swift would be proud