• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Song of the day

Started by B Steady, May 06, 2013, 06:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Great work! I also like the post chorus :)

Snipes3000

Hey very nice song! I suppose that you're into serious production for at least 5 years? Overall this song is just at a very professional level already. The level that you're at, you can get signed to some important publishing companies I suppose.

Here are some critical notes that might help you (or not).
-Ad libs: I would expect to hear ad libs in the second chorus but they seem absent. It would bring an extra layer of energy to the second chorus and is very natural to commonly occur at the second part of the second chorus. If you would focus more on where to place ad libs the dynamics in energy level could be stretched even further.
-Topline verse and pre: First of all, the chorus melody sounds good enough and the verse and pre are really close to sounding good enough. However, if you divide verse and pre into call and responses, then what I miss is a change in rhythmic pace between those calls and responses: the pace seems rather similar while having a stronger contrast would give these toplines more of a "playful" character. Example of call and response having a clear difference in pace is Taylor Swift Blank space Verse. Forgive me if I write the lyrics incorrect because i dont know them. "Nice to meet you, where u going (call, slow pace), I could show u incredible things (response, quick pace)"
-The transition from for example chorus 1 to verse 2 is very good. You give the listener time to prepare for something new that is coming and I love that. However, when u end chorus 2 you go straight into the bridge. This could work in certain settings but I experienced the transition too quick in this case. I think the song would be stronger if you would give the listener a little time to prepare for something new before the topline of the bridge is introduced.
-FX: When you transition between sections the FX that introduce that something new is coming or about to come are not dominantly present. My personal taste is to have them more dominantly present. That's just something to consider but FX is a matter of taste really and dependent on current trends in pop. I personally like a rizer to grow and become a dominant part of the mix at it's loudest.
-Final comment: I embrace the fact that you introduce a b-hook (some call it a post-chorus) to the song and it sounds really cool. So the chorus and b-hook are good. The way you combine the two in chorus 3 is exceptional and your craftmanswork is crystal clear there. I would just love the "lo-lo-lo-love language x2" to continue from 2:42 as BGV. You might have to play with the mix of that "lo-lo-lo" to ensure it doesn't clash with the lead vocals that start at 2:42. Or else try this suggestion from 2:54. It could raise the energy level of this song to explosion level.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

smadaleinad

Quote from: getawaydriver on September 04, 2021, 10:22:33 PM
Hey! Congrats on the song, it's awesome! Excellent vocal production and I love the post-chorus melody! So catchy. :) Great work. Adding it to my September playlist. Oh, and I and I'm sure the others on this forum would love to hear any stories you feel comfortable sharing! Congrats again!!

Thank you thank you! I'm super proud of the vocal production on this one, and the post chorus hooK too :)
I don't really have a whole lot I can share, but I do remember that he once said he signed them shortly after the original space-themed I Want You Back video came out and that when he came into a label meeting in the US and showed them that music video, he got laughed out of the room!

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 05, 2021, 12:10:53 AM
Great work! I also like the post chorus :)

Thank you! I came up with it as I was walking from my car into work hahaha. It seems like most of my best hooks come up that way! 😅

Quote from: Snipes3000 on September 06, 2021, 03:32:13 PM
Hey very nice song! I suppose that you're into serious production for at least 5 years? Overall this song is just at a very professional level already. The level that you're at, you can get signed to some important publishing companies I suppose.

Here are some critical notes that might help you (or not).
-Ad libs: I would expect to hear ad libs in the second chorus but they seem absent. It would bring an extra layer of energy to the second chorus and is very natural to commonly occur at the second part of the second chorus. If you would focus more on where to place ad libs the dynamics in energy level could be stretched even further.
-Topline verse and pre: First of all, the chorus melody sounds good enough and the verse and pre are really close to sounding good enough. However, if you divide verse and pre into call and responses, then what I miss is a change in rhythmic pace between those calls and responses: the pace seems rather similar while having a stronger contrast would give these toplines more of a "playful" character. Example of call and response having a clear difference in pace is Taylor Swift Blank space Verse. Forgive me if I write the lyrics incorrect because i dont know them. "Nice to meet you, where u going (call, slow pace), I could show u incredible things (response, quick pace)"
-The transition from for example chorus 1 to verse 2 is very good. You give the listener time to prepare for something new that is coming and I love that. However, when u end chorus 2 you go straight into the bridge. This could work in certain settings but I experienced the transition too quick in this case. I think the song would be stronger if you would give the listener a little time to prepare for something new before the topline of the bridge is introduced.
-FX: When you transition between sections the FX that introduce that something new is coming or about to come are not dominantly present. My personal taste is to have them more dominantly present. That's just something to consider but FX is a matter of taste really and dependent on current trends in pop. I personally like a rizer to grow and become a dominant part of the mix at it's loudest.
-Final comment: I embrace the fact that you introduce a b-hook (some call it a post-chorus) to the song and it sounds really cool. So the chorus and b-hook are good. The way you combine the two in chorus 3 is exceptional and your craftmanswork is crystal clear there. I would just love the "lo-lo-lo-love language x2" to continue from 2:42 as BGV. You might have to play with the mix of that "lo-lo-lo" to ensure it doesn't clash with the lead vocals that start at 2:42. Or else try this suggestion from 2:54. It could raise the energy level of this song to explosion level.

Wow this is so thorough! Thank you for taking the time to write this out!
Yeah I've only really been seriously producing stuff since late 2016, but I've been messing around with production as a hobby through my teens since like 2009/2010.

With regards to the adlibs: I personally am generally not a fan of adlibs in the second chorus! I usually like to save them. I think there's like one or two in there somewhere. Mostly I wanted to leave room for people to experience the new level of the production that comes in with the second chorus.

Interesting thoughts on the call and response writing! I don't write a whole lot of call and response hooks - I'm gonna keep this in mind next time I do a session! 😁

Transitions: interesting call out! This was more of a personal decision again, just my taste that's all, I prefer to try and keep them a little more low-key to match the energy of the song, unless it's a really intense track.

B-hook: really great idea! I actually sometimes do this, not sure why I didn't do this on this track, maybe the mix and production just got too chaotic? My publisher also got me to do an alternate version with the b-hook repeated again with a filter fade-out in case radio asked for it, that does kinda bring back the catchiness of it, but I wanted to keep it concise for the actual final release ☺️

Thank you again everyone! I'll be sure to post again when my next release happens!! 😁😁
Check out this Spotify playlist with all my songs in it! <URL>https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5eAYf1hlhsY1fC0PLNY1Cn?si=VA1wr5W8SOSGk9ADF8TO6Q&dl_branch=1</URL>

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6QaOU7xPK3UJKsoNroRCWn?si=cdf837bf9a1c4514[/spotify]

I'm not that excited about the use of Rendezvous by Craig David.

Quote from: getawaydriver on November 13, 2021, 03:05:25 AM
Been loving Julian Bunetta's work lately.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/36Cs04fKrfupan7JZPBCYS?si=dqvjD3MLTjqg1Fs3U1CyLg[/spotify]

Written by Craig David, Mark Hill & Amber Mark
Produced by Julian Bunetta & Amber Mark
Assistant-mastered by Hallie Melton at the Hit Lab, Nashville, TN, USA
Assistant-recording-engineered by Jeff Gunnell
Bass by Julian Bunetta
Drums by Julian Bunetta & Amber Mark
Engineered by Julian Bunetta
Guitar by Julian Bunetta
Keyboards by Julian Bunetta & Amber Mark
Mastered by Nathan Dantzler at the Hit Lab, Nashville, TN, USA
Mixed by Jeff Gunnell
Programmed by Julian Bunetta & Amber Mark
Vocals by Amber Mark
~~~~~

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 08, 2021, 08:17:21 PM
And my song of the day:

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/58uUDYcy9U1dqS84ykFTFD?si=2ef626d525bc4500[/spotify]

Written by Kerstin Ljungström, Maria Hazell, Salem Al Fakir, Vincent Pontare & Agnes.
Produced by Vargas & Lagola.
Mixed by Josh Gudwin.
I'm obsessed with her album, Vargas & Lagola did an outstanding job producing the whole thing, I wish they sound like this on their solo work.

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1k0K3mCzVHSCPEHKqVzSZm?si=112c3d7f6bb24871[/spotify]

After collaborating with Luke back in 2015 I always kept an eye on Space Primates, and all the songs they did with GASHI are awesome

melodicmoonlight

Addison Rae - I Got It Bad leaked today. produced by Oscar Gorres (OZGO) and co-written by Madison Love. a big pop bop, early 2000s pop influences.

https://onlyfiles.io/f/f47cb8d827be4cfab6f1e03b97d9c478

nanofives

This is soooooo good.
I wonder why she's taking so long to release music, I couldn't find if she was dropped from the label.
Apparently this song is hyping fans since September.

j.fco.morales

Such a thin voice.

Sounds nice though.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on April 04, 2022, 02:00:06 PM
This is soooooo good.
I wonder why she's taking so long to release music, I couldn't find if she was dropped from the label.
Apparently this song is hyping fans since September.

labels are scared to release pure pop songs. less trendy and more of a risk. her last single flopped too which was pretty pop

nanofives

Mimi Webb - This Moment

Written by Kiddo A.I., Lauv, DallasK and J Kash
Produced by J Kash and DallasK

I don't get much involved in Mimi as an artist, but she's put out very good songs with a variety of producers

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on June 23, 2023, 05:39:12 AMMimi Webb - This Moment

Written by Kiddo A.I., Lauv, DallasK and J Kash
Produced by J Kash and DallasK

I don't get much involved in Mimi as an artist, but she's put out very good songs with a variety of producers

I totally second this