• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Rami Yacoub Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, March 25, 2022, 01:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1NNZnxd6PShEKf8K2lP8H7?si=c201c859207e42e8[/spotify]

Written by Johan Carlsson, Rami Yacoub, Sofia Carson, Steph Jones and Tia Scola
Produced by Rami Yacoub and Matthew Engst

Really love this one, for some reason Rami is credited as "Rami for MXM Productions" which is a nice little detail but kinda odd to keep consistency on the database because you can search him on Tidal as Rami Yacoub, just Rami and that.

j.fco.morales

Nice sounding record.

Thank you Mariano!

nanofives

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5DlwOwWvIA9MOGixQnkwXD?si=8906c4d58e7042ee[/spotify]

Written by Dan Smith, Johan Carlsson, Ludvig Söderberg (A Strut), Mark Crew and Rami Yacoub
Produced by Mark Crew, Dan Smith and A Strut

j.fco.morales

Mabel's new album is out on July 15th.

11 I Love Your Girl
Written by Mabel McVey, Emily Warren, Hein, Rami Yacoub, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Oscar Gorres.

uberweiss

Rami Yacoub/Beyonce! ("Alien Superstar")

j.fco.morales

I'm surprised: Skrillex? Sabrina Claudio? Labrinth? AG Cook? Honey Dijon?

Curtis Alan Jones is a DJ and produced known as Green Velvet.
Moi Renee? She was a drag queen in the 90s who released a couple song and one of those is called "Miss Honey".
Donna Summer+Giorgio Moroder+Peter Bellote? That's a Donna Summer sample.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 21, 2022, 08:34:30 PM

Moi Renee? She was a drag queen in the 90s who released a couple song and one of those is called "Miss Honey".

Sample credits incl. Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder, James Brown, Teena Marie, Twinkie Clark, Kilo Ali, Moi Renee.

More composer credits incl. The Neptunes, BloodPop®, Rami Yacoub, A. G. Cook, Ari Pensmith, LilJuMadeDaBeat, Nova Wav, P2J, Boi-1da, Sevn Thomas, Leven Kali.

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1Hohk6AufHZOrrhMXZppax?si=19e0bd16afa248bd[/spotify]

It's too many writers and producers to list them all.
I don't like the song, although I think I don't like Beyoncé at all, the hook is fine.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on July 29, 2022, 05:19:16 AM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1Hohk6AufHZOrrhMXZppax?si=19e0bd16afa248bd[/spotify]

It's too many writers and producers to list them all.
I don't like the song, although I think I don't like Beyoncé at all, the hook is fine.
modern songwriting in a nutshell right here folks. A more truer example of too many cooks in the kitchen

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on July 30, 2022, 10:17:19 PM
modern songwriting in a nutshell right here folks. A more truer example of too many cooks in the kitchen

You didn't say anything racist, transphobic, or anti-Semitic. Congrats!

Snipes3000

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 21, 2022, 08:34:30 PM

Don't be surprised. Very likely 100% of these songs on the Beyonce album were picked by the record label after they were presented to them as demos. This practice happens especially with A list artists such as Beyonce and Rihanna. There are actually lists of the record labels where they communicate to writers what type of songs they want to place with their artist so you can adjust your demo to their demands.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

I mean, she is the curator of her project. She chooses collaborators through her A&R team and guides the process I think.

Or am I being way too romantic?

Snipes3000

I don't know the ins and outs of her specific project, but what I presume is that she gets to hear a bunch of demos which were selected by A&R and then picks what appeals to her emotionally. When the record gets done, it is presented to the label and they give it a go or not (see beyonce documentary of I am sasha fierce or its succesor I believe). If they don't give it a go, they might force certain songs on you or the album won't get released. This also happened with Ed Sheeran on the album with Shape of You. If there was no record label involved, shape of you wouldn't have been on the album - and probably wouldn't even exist as we know it now - but the record label insisted on a rhythmic song like that one or else the album would be too dry. This is documented in the documentary on that album.

But these are established artists. I don't think any recording artist with the same status as Britney Spears had in 1999 has more than limited influence on the songs on the album if they are marketed big time by the label.

How do record labels check if something is ready for release? Do they want every song to be good? No, there are singles and there are fillers. Fillers are unimportant songs and as far as the quality is medium and it falls within the concept of the whole, it is likely to be acceptable for release. They can let rihanna work on a song here and there but they won't end up being the singles cause of lack of quality (i mean, most artists are not max martin, steve mac, mutt lange or greg kurstin). Depending on how many singles the label likes to release (nowadays it's mostly 2 singles, back in the days 5 was more common), they check if there are songs that can deliver as a single. If there are enough songs with that potential + acceptable fillers, you are ready for release.

When listening to new music I barely listen to fillers - often i despise them - but just focus on the singles. There is much more to learn in listening to singles which are picked by a bunch office guys who believe that these songs have a chance of climbing the charts.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?