• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Tone Damli - Never look back (Max Martin-esque chorus)

Started by turnaround, January 26, 2012, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Very catchy song by Norwegian singer Tone Damli, it has something very Cheiron-ish in the melody.

Hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUx5oCwlln8&feature=player_embedded

Scandipop website promote it as:

QuoteVery poptastic and with a Max Martin-esque chorus, it's delightfully instant. We defy any pop fan to not be humming this chorus after the song has finished playing. Or to not want to be humming it either! It's a fantastically crafted pop song. Exactly the sort of thing we started this website for really.

http://www.scandipop.co.uk/?p=8763
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

turnaround

If you like this track you might also like her "Butterfly" and "Longshot" !
And I liked it..

georg_e

Wow, that is like a perrrfect melody in the chorus!!!   Verses are good too. #1 on Norwegian iTunes......can't stop listening to this :-)

Raul_esp

''Butterfly'' is very good , the chorus is so familiar for me...

Axel

great song indeed! And wow she's beautiful. What's up with you scandinavians, holy crap. :)

Rebecca

Feelgoodlies

I know this song! It's nice but not great IMO.

As for the singer I have her last album, favourite song from it is Love Me Like You Hate Me amazing!

Raul_esp

Joshua

I'm in love with the chorus of this track, the verses and production aren't really my thing, but the chorus is enough for me to revisit it over and over. If I ever write a chorus melody like that, I'll be more than happy.

georg_e

Quote from: Joshua on April 02, 2012, 05:53:52 PM
I'm in love with the chorus of this track, the verses and production aren't really my thing, but the chorus is enough for me to revisit it over and over. If I ever write a chorus melody like that, I'll be more than happy.
I've gone back to listen to it too, and the chorus gets me every time-- above all it reminds me of some of the great ABBA melodies. 
            (There's a chord inversion/melody note in "Since U Been Gone"  (at end of chorus, on the word "Want") which immediately reminded me of ABBA too, and I had no idea then it was written by another Swede :-)

Joshua

Quote from: georg_e on April 02, 2012, 06:30:11 PM
I've gone back to listen to it too, and the chorus gets me every time-- above all it reminds me of some of the great ABBA melodies.

You are so right, it could almost be an ABBA cover right through. I wish Max would work on some more tracks in this style... can never get enough melancholy.

I found out it's written by Ina Wroldsen and David Eriksen, if anyone's interested.

turnaround

New song Imagine with Eric Saade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NcY5nnhYYOo

Album

Butterflies and I know are incredible songs.

David Eriksen & Ina Wroldsen            Look Back   

Tone Damli, Billy Burnette, David Eriksen & Mats Lie Skåre            Butterflies   

Tone Damli, David Eriksen, Mats Lie Skåre & Øyvind Sauvik            Stuck In My Head   

David Eriksen, Ina Wroldsen & Thomas Eriksen            Save Me (feat. Maddji)   

David Eriksen & Rune Kristiansen            I Know   

Martin Sjolie            The Bliss Song   

David Eriksen & Ina Wroldsen            I Love You   

David Eriksen & Ina Wroldsen            Summerlove   

Eric Saade, Jason Gill, Julimar Santos & Leaslie Tay            Imagine (feat. Eric Saade)   

Tone Damli, David Eriksen & Simone Larsen            Crazy Cool   

Martin Sjolie            Fever   

David Eriksen, Ina Wroldsen & Thomas Eriksen            Here I Am   

C. Bailey & M. Hill            Young and Foolish   

Arnthor Birgisson, David Eriksen & Negin Djafari            No Way Out   

David Eriksen & Tom Nichols            Ghosts   

Tone Damli, David Eriksen, Geir Sundstøl & Marjorie Maye            Somewhere Soft to Land   
And I liked it..