• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Started by Joshua, May 27, 2012, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

So, what did everyone think of the results of the ESC this year? I managed to avoid listening to most of the songs before the competition began (probably easier to do here in Australia), and as soon as I heard Sweden's entry, I was in love. I'm glad it won! Denmark were my second fave entry, yet they came near last. :( Can't wait to see it broadcast from Sweden next year, I wonder if they'll put on anything ABBA related?

Raul_esp

The winner swedish song was amazing , Great that it won and the next year the contest will be in Sweden , Me too liked Denmark entry and the Ireland , very ''When you're looking like that''.

Axel

I missed the whole ESC this year. Didn't even hear the winning song yet. Have to catch up on at least that one.

Rebecca

very exciting that Sweden won and they get to host next year. I love the Denmark one too, can't believe it came last.

Joshua

Surely it must be down to the whole 'voting for your neighbour' thing. In Australia's unofficial SBS vote, Denmark came 5th which sounds more like it. Axel I reckon you'll love Sweden's song, it definitely deserved to win. I personally didn't think Jedward's song was as good as "Lipstick" from last year, but they were also favourites in the Australian poll, coming 3rd (as opposed to 19th officially). Pity the poll means nothing, but hey, it's probably a little less biased.

Feelgoodlies

Loreen is literally an amazing artist, she has a very incredible vocal ability. I like her since last year's Melodifestivalen with the song 'My Heart is Refusing Me". "Euphoria" deserved to win, but to be honest she isn't the type of music I like to listen to.

Personally, I literally loved Norway's, Cyprus (which is a great RedOne-ish track) as well as Greece's.

Joshua

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on June 03, 2012, 10:07:07 PM
Loreen is literally an amazing artist, she has a very incredible vocal ability. I like her since last year's Melodifestivalen with the song 'My Heart is Refusing Me". "Euphoria" deserved to win, but to be honest she isn't the type of music I like to listen to.

I only discovered her history on Wikipedia the other day, I had no idea it went all the way back to Idol in 2004. "My Heart Is Refusing Me" is such a nice track, as good as "Euphoria", but a little less anthem-like. It's so cool to see she's charting really well. Number 1 in many parts of Europe, number 3 in the UK, it's even managed number 36 so far in Australia which is crazy for a Eurovision song... so it's obviously well loved. Also of interest is one of it's co-writers, Thomas G:son. This guy has written 58 entries for the national finals of 8 countries. Woah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_G:son

Axel

I listened to the song now, and it's really nice. I'm just getting sick and tired of those "oh-oh-oh" staccato type of vocals in the background of the chorus. Literally everyone is using those now. Time to move on to the next thing. :)

Raul_esp

''Euphoria'' goes to #1 in Spain  :o , Since ''Waterloo'' , the Eurovision winner song didn't get the #1 in spain.

Joshua

Quote from: Raul_esp on June 30, 2012, 03:16:52 AM
''Euphoria'' goes to #1 in Spain  :o

Is that on the official chart or just iTunes? The official chart website shows it at number 6, but that was for 25/6. Is this for the upcoming week?

Raul_esp

Quote from: Joshua on June 30, 2012, 02:23:33 PM
Quote from: Raul_esp on June 30, 2012, 03:16:52 AM
''Euphoria'' goes to #1 in Spain  :o

Is that on the official chart or just iTunes? The official chart website shows it at number 6, but that was for 25/6. Is this for the upcoming week?

Official charts!

blondesstfriende

I really like Euphoria, too. It reminds me of trance music from the 90's, anyone remember 'Toca's Miracle'?

Joshua

I was beginning to wonder if they'd make a video. Videos are being made so late after releases now that they don't really serve the promotional purpose they're intended for. I know in this case it's a bit different, it became an unexpected worldwide hit, but it seems to be a common thing with most singles now.

Quote from: blondesstfriende on July 02, 2012, 02:48:08 PM
I really like Euphoria, too. It reminds me of trance music from the 90's, anyone remember 'Toca's Miracle'?

I remember "Toca's Miracle", and now you mention it, I can just see Loreen singing it, yeah!

Raul_esp

Quote from: Joshua on July 05, 2012, 03:18:43 PM
I was beginning to wonder if they'd make a video. Videos are being made so late after releases now that they don't really serve the promotional purpose they're intended for. I know in this case it's a bit different, it became an unexpected worldwide hit, but it seems to be a common thing with most singles now.

I agree , nowadays the success is before to the video!