• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - PRISM - Unconditionally, ROAR

Started by Rebecca, April 15, 2008, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Maratone is on top of the world.

And with Pinks song being released soon, there is no end in sight!!

It might be one of the most succesful years for Max and the whole crew.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

UK SINGLE CHART:
TW   LW
1   4   KATY PERRY   I KISSED A GIRL

*Sabine*

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 11, 2008, 01:05:35 PM
UK SINGLE CHART:
TW   LW
1   4   KATY PERRY   I KISSED A GIRL

Congratz buddy, your predictions were right! :D

Alex Martin

Wow,number one also in uk single chart!!!!

Definitely this is the biggest hit of 2008.

Unexpected

The song is good and fun , but seriously this is ridiculous , the song don't deserve this huge success

ahmed

Quote from: Unexpected on August 11, 2008, 08:58:56 PM
The song is good and fun , but seriously this is ridiculous , the song don't deserve this huge success

agree with you

Alex Martin

Without doubt it's not a masterpiece and this worldwide success it's for sure for the verse and not for the high quality of the music.

It's a crazy world guys ;D

*Sabine*

maybe it's also for katy perry herself, in my opinion she's talented and people may also love the video, which is quite ambiguous. she's the bad girl with an angel face.
people have always loved ambiguity, look britney!

Rebecca

I think this song deserves this massive success! I prefer a lot of other Max songs, but it is way better than other songs in the charts which is all that's needed. and I think it's better than say Rihanna's 'Umbrella' which I think may have had similar success.

of course the lyrics have played a huge part, they've got people's attention

and it's Katy herself, she is pretty, she's a bit different from all those other pop princesses, I agree with what Sabine said in another post, that Katy seems like a bit of tomboy but still looks really girly.

Alex Martin

Quote from: Rebecca on August 12, 2008, 01:11:59 PM
I think this song deserves this massive success! I prefer a lot of other Max songs, but it is way better than other songs in the charts which is all that's needed. and I think it's better than say Rihanna's 'Umbrella' which I think may have had similar success.

of course the lyrics have played a huge part, they've got people's attention

and it's Katy herself, she is pretty, she's a bit different from all those other pop princesses, I agree with what Sabine said in another post, that Katy seems like a bit of tomboy but still looks really girly.

Umbrella for me is better than i kissed a girl.

I prefer hot and cold and wakin up in vegas to IKAG.

Feelgoodlies

Yes Sabine lol, it is expected to stay 5 weeks on top of the UK chart, while in Germany it is # 2[new entry] now, and next week will be # 1 for sure.

The # 1 reason the song is big and is doing what it's doing is "Lyrics", personally I love it, I guess it deserves this success, it's really catchy and funny.

Hot 'N Cold is currently at # 38 on US iTunes, it's rising gradually, still hasn't officialy been released though.

*Sabine*

Yes it definitely deserves the success, catchy and good tune! IMO, Umbrella is one of Rihanna's worst singles, for some reason this song hurts my ears...not a big fan of Rihanna anyways.For Katy, I hope Hot N' Cold will be the 2nd single, I think this song is even better than I kissed a girl.
By the way, I have 2 performances of I kissed a girl and all I can say is that Katy is a brilliant live singer!

secski

umbrella by rihanna is such an awesome song if just acoustic, the rapping just kills it. youtube boyce avenue singing umbrella. the fantastic hook just screams out and is sooo addictive! the guy who co-wrote the song (forgot his name) is on myspace too, hehe has some rivalry going on with chris brown apparently.

havent heard hot'n'cold, gotta check it out. thanks, i like katy too.

secski

oh that dude's name is terius nash aka the dream (co-wrote Umbrella)

hot'n'cold is ok, prefer i kissed a girl, i think that has a much stronger hook.

Raul_esp

I think I kissed a girl is the best single of 2008 right now , better than umbrella for me , the melodies of the song are so nice and catchy , I love the song