• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

B Steady

Was just listening to Maps again.
Damn, really my song of the year so far. Incredibly good!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Album is out on Friday in Germany. Thinking of getting the deluxe edition. I'm excited to know if Max produced lots on it.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Lmao, they just played Maps after Am I Wrong on the radio ;D

Maps is sooo my song of the year!!!!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

http://open.spotify.com/album/7sS6Ae7PrOJWerkikt6Mxx

Enjoy people from New Zealand. Australia should be next soon.

wikipedia has pretty detailed credits now but there are two Martins. (Max and Sam) and so I don't really know if Max was the vocal producers on two songs or not.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I'm listening to the album right now.

I like it: it's really well produced, though the songs are not that instant.
It's like a sequel to Overexposed, in the same vein.

The Gwen Stefani collabo is overhyped: is a ballad.

My currently favorite is Sugar, sounds like Katy Perry's Birthday, a Prince influenced track.
The Shellback tracks are so well crafted sonically.

melodicmoonlight

what's up with the vocal production on Gwen's parts in that duet? rough engineering, ouch.

Sugar is funky, with tight production. Ryn Weaver has some background vocals in Leaving California. Unkiss Me is a pretty instant and grand. Feelings -- mmm that swift chorus. Digging Adam's vocals throughout these songs, the 1 octave lower tracked with his falsetto especially (New Love) Nice

Benny Blanco's style has changed quite a bit. the beats and synths - i miss that punch he used to have in his songs. Even with Stereo Hearts and Moves Like Jagger... then again, those song's choruses were massive and super catchy.

I think I might prefer Overexposed upon first listen to V.

j.fco.morales

Feelings sounds amazing. I'm quite enjoying the production.

For people interested in this, they have a special part in the booklet about the gear: they use Arturia plugins, Waves Plugins, Addictive Drums, Sound Toys plugins, Native Instruments stuff and Shure mics.

Polarmachine

My favorite after the first listen is leaving california. I know that the people shellback made in your pocket with are A production duo so maybe shellback Only did topline on it, who knows. Animals has probably the most hit potential after maps.

Haha after one more night Adam says "Whatever" and after Feelings he does the same thing and goes "that's fine".

Doesn't it feel like you've heard the chorus to my heart is open before? That is one of the few that I like though and I like Sia as a writer.

As you said there are no super catchy songs that gets you instantly. But I will listen to it again soon and maybe I get a better feeling of the album.

Sugar really is birthday part 2

And I like unkiss me aswell!

So I'm pretty sure it's the other Martin that did vocal production on those two songs since he wrote them, but according to wiki Max Martin was exec!

turnaround

"Unkiss Me" is a early favourite of mine. Though I'm not yet through and there are songs that definitely need more listens.
I believe "Leaving California" is a gem.
It has the Stargate beat and the wonderful songwriting of Nate Ruess. He always creates very specific melodies.

"Headlights", "Just Give Me A Reason" - very good songs.
And I liked it..

Polarmachine

Quote from: turnaround on August 29, 2014, 02:21:09 PM
"Unkiss Me" is a early favourite of mine. Though I'm not yet through and there are songs that definitely need more listens.
I believe "Leaving California" is a gem.
It has the Stargate beat and the wonderful songwriting of Nate Ruess. He always creates very specific melodies.

"Headlights", "Just Give Me A Reason" - very good songs.

yes nate is an amazing melody writer. He did Die Young as well, and not to talk about his own songs in Fun

melodicmoonlight

agree about Leaving California. i woke up this morning with the melody in my head. it has that classic Maroon 5 melodic, grandiose vibe.

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 29, 2014, 11:56:05 AM
So I'm pretty sure it's the other Martin that did vocal production on those two songs since he wrote them, but according to wiki Max Martin was exec!

yep, in the digital booklet it lists Max as exec producer.