• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 31, 2014, 10:33:55 PM
I think it's awesome that Leaving California only have two choruses. Not the same song structure all the time. And it's smart because I don't get tired off it as fast. Makes me want to listen to again.

the shorter a song the faster it gets tired for me. I thought everybody would see it like that because the other way around it makes actually no sense
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

re Maps: I've actually never heard such a P E R F E C T interplay of harmonies, melody, lyrics and vocals in a chorus. especially the melody flow of "kneeeees" with the semitone step and the way he's singing "and you said you had my back", he sounds so full of anger and power at the same time there. this is sooooooo brilliant
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Quote from: B Steady on August 31, 2014, 10:36:11 PM
the shorter a song the faster it gets tired for me. I thought everybody would see it like that because the other way around it makes actually no sense

First of all LC isn't short, it's just a different structure.
And also, say you listen to an album and first there's a song with the chorus going 4 times or something, and then there's a song with 2 choruses. Let's say they are just as catchy/good. I have to say it makes lots of sense to see it like me, because then you have just heard that chorus twice as many times and wants to listen to it again!
But it can also be the opposite for me also, with a great mid8 and one final big chorus etc.
AND I know that in Pop music the word REPEATING is important and I'd say 80-90% of Max songs has 3 or more choruses 

turnaround

There are many highlights on that album. Great production lovely melodies. Thumbs up from me.
And I liked it..

Rex

Quote from: B Steady on September 02, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Dr. Luke has played almost any instrument on Sugar and also co wrote it but he's not listed as a producer!?
How do you know it?

turnaround

So what do you guys think: Overexposed vs. V ?
What's the better album?
And I liked it..

AdamKhan

Quote from: turnaround on September 02, 2014, 09:18:16 PM
So what do you guys think: Overexposed vs. V ?
What's the better album?

V is my fav album. But i do love Beautiful Goodbye Payphone 1mrenite LovesomebodY from Overexposed.

turnaround

Reading that people think the album is too much OneRepublic. I can see the point. Especially "New love", "Maps".
But that's the price for working with Ryan Tedder.

@B Steady: Is    "Animals"  the only song Max has credits as a vocal producer?
Any other credits?
And I liked it..

sweetmelody

So are Max and Luke on any of the songs? Wikipedia seems unreliable and it doesn't list Max on any of the songs (plus, as mentioned above, Luke is listed only as a writer which is weird!).

Polarmachine

Quote from: B Steady on September 03, 2014, 01:04:44 AM
Funny credits:
"In your pocket": Gammel Dansk drunk by: Shellback & Mailbox
"Feelings": Chartreuse drunk by: everyone

Hahaha classic.

I found Max on one more credit; additional programming by Max and shellback on Unkiss Me

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on September 03, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
Why would you post this bullshit as a fan of the songwriters?

Benny, why the fuzz?
Did you even check the link he posted?  ;)
I doubt that posting a PDF booklet is gonna reduce our beloved songwriters income!  :P

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on August 30, 2014, 11:06:59 AM
Max recorded the vocals for "Animals" with Shellback.

Amazing , I know then Why I love this song so much.

''V'' is for me better album , the three songs released are different and brillant.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on September 03, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
Why would you post this bullshit as a fan of the songwriters?

you need to take a serious chill pill, dude. #1 it's a digital booklet #2 this is pop music we're here talking about