• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on September 03, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

@raul: lol I doubt that Max' vocal recording skills make you love the song ;)

It can be , I love these vocals  ;D

turnaround

I found a new favourite part of the album.
The middle8 of "New love".
Beginning on 1:58

Beautiful and clever.
And I liked it..

AlexanderLaBrea

AlexanderLaBrea

No, as far as I've heard, Max is credited as vocal producer on "Animals", and even though Max is generally regarded as the best vocal producer in the world together with maybe Kuk Harell, it doesn't make or break the song. It's about having the singer deliver their best possible performance and arranging harmonies etc. It enhances the song yes, but my comment was regarding the statement "I like the song because of Max's vocal production". That is just false. Especially for a song like "Animals" with a non-complex vocal structure.

Raul_esp

I don't like the song because of that , I like the song for his melodies , structure etc , I say that this Max influence make me like the song more if it's possible. Or maybe not , but it can be possible , it's my favourite song of the album and it's the only where Max contributed , Coincidence?

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on September 05, 2014, 04:58:57 PM
I found a new favourite part of the album.
The middle8 of "New love".
Beginning on 1:58

Beautiful and clever.

Yeah , this part is amazing , perfect melodies!

AlexanderLaBrea

Yes it is. Shellback wrote it with Benny B. That is the reason why it's so good. You would have liked it as much if Shellback produced the vocals himself (or Benny).

sweetmelody

Quote from: B Steady on September 03, 2014, 01:35:20 AM
Again ...... Max only recorded vocals for Animals
Luke played Guitars, Synth Bass, Drums, Percussion and Keyboards on Sugar but is not listed as a producer.

Thanks for the info. Now found out that Max was also the executive producer of the album and added some additional programming on some tracks. I always wondered what an executive producer does nowadays. Probably what a producer did in the old days? Just more suggestions and less hands on?

j.fco.morales

The video for Animals is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpgTC9MDx1o

And I hate it.
I hate the animals hanging and the sexual suggested scenes covered in blood.

What if we use human bodies and human blood? what would be that?

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 30, 2014, 07:29:06 PM
The video for Animals is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpgTC9MDx1o

And I hate it.
I hate the animals hanging and the sexual suggested scenes covered in blood.

What if we use human bodies and human blood? what would be that?
Ugh -- sounds horrible, aint even gonna watch it.  I hate s**t like that...as if there isn't enough real-life horror, they have to make up videos about it? Lame!!

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

oh yeah, the video is so creepy! especially the stalker theme. yuk. I think it makes me like the song less.

melodicmoonlight

the video is great what are you all saying? the blood, his sexy body. it's an interesting take on the song. however, i am ready for a less "dark" video next single. and if Sugar is the next one, i'm sure we'll be getting bright bubble gum.

J_A24

Probably trying to raise some kind of controversy to get the sales going.

georg_e

Incredible acoustic live version of "Animals" by Maroon 5 ......this is pop singing at its best!!! http://youtu.be/l183y-Vo9vU