• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Diane Warren has written a good song (again)

Started by turnaround, March 07, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Paloma Faith's album contains "Only Love Can Hurt Like This"

It's actually really good.

http://open.spotify.com/track/20Irf8obthJnYxH7S3wfHn

I really like the story behind the song :D

Quote"She rings me up and calls me c*nt!" Faith recalls in an interview in the new issue of Attitude. "She is amazing as a person, but she has the foulest mouth out of anyone I've ever met. She's mental but in a nice way."

Faith, who is on course for the Top Ten this weekend with new single Can't Rely On You, continues: "When we first met she said 'I've got this song, and I think you're the only person in the world that could sing it because you've got the right level of tragedy', and I said sorry, I don't really sing songs written by other people.

"Then on Boxing Day I was with my friends and she called me up and went 'Hey c*nt. Christmas is over, back to work!' and I said 'Diane, no, it's Boxing Day, don't you have a life?' and she said 'No. Now I'm gonna play you this song, you asshole, and you better not hang up.'

Faith then proceeded to admit that Warren had been right all along.

"She played it down the phone, and when she was done I just said 'F*ck you Diane Warren...of course I'm going to do it'. It's an amazing song, that I probably couldn't have written myself. But I should have!" Faith explained.

Faith went on to record Warren's song, Only Love Can Hurt Like This, and it appears on her forthcoming album A Perfect Contradiction, which is released on March 10.

https://attitude.co.uk/paloma-faith-diane-warren-calls-cnt
And I liked it..

turnaround

And I liked it..

georg_e

I listened to that Paloma Faith song the other day......I have to be honest:  I really think D. Warren needs to collaborate with some younger writers now, because if you compare her recent stuff with when she wrote songs that set the radio on fire, -- two, three songs on the Hot 100 at one time -- it's not even close.
If she combined her talent with someone who has a killer commercial instinct of today, she could do it again. That's what Billy Steinberg did, and he's alot older than her. Either that, or she needs to re-develop that instinct herself!

turnaround

Well said. But I think she is not really the type of person to collaborate.
I'd love to listen to new catchy pop by her. When she goes country nothing can stop her.

Cant fight the moonlight
I need you
Etc.

Simply timeless fantastic tracks. Not even her biggest hits. Her discography is incredible, she just seems to have lost it.

I think Linda Perry should also follow the same strategy working with others.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on March 07, 2014, 06:59:08 PM
Well said. But I think she is not really the type of person to collaborate.
I'd love to listen to new catchy pop by her. When she goes country nothing can stop her.

Cant fight the moonlight
I need you
Etc.

Simply timeless fantastic tracks. Not even her biggest hits. Her discography is incredible, she just seems to have lost it.

I think Linda Perry should also follow the same strategy working with others.
Also well said, Turnaround! :-)     I know, she always says she doesn't collaborate, etc etc, and that was fine....when it worked for her!!  You just know she'd LOVE to have hits again, so why be so stubborn? It drives me nuts, cuz she's so good.

I mean, Billy Steinberg just since 1996 has had these Top 10 hits, all written with his partner who;s like 30 years younger than him: "Too Little Too Late" and "Give Your Heart A Break", and then Number One in England with 'Dont Hold Your Breath". And that's not even counting great songs with The Veronicas, Leona Lewis, etc etc.  But this wouldn't have happened if he'd kept on writing the same way he did in the 1980's :-)

I was just in the supermarket again -- great place for songs to catch your ears! -- and what was playing on the Adult Contemporary hit station?   "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Diane Warren. STILL an anthem!! *

* Weird --just looked that song up: one of her few CO -WRITTEN songs (with Albert Hammond). Was #1 on Hot 100. Kind of proves our point!!! :D

turnaround

:D
Listening to the radio you can't escape Diane, Max and sometimes also Ryan Tedder.

I wonder if Max and Diane would get along. But I guess Diane wouldn't want to share royalties, if it's avoidable.  8)
And I liked it..