The Songwriters > New Songs

Coldplay - album "Everyday Life" (two Max co-productions)

(1/15) > >>

nanofives:
Max is credited as a Programmer, Co-Producer and Keyboards on Coldplay's new song according to Tidal.

Quite hard to believe in my opinion since there's no news related to it and it just doesn't sound like Max.

Snipes3000:
My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).

nanofives:

--- Quote from: Snipes3000 on November 06, 2019, 02:21:58 PM ---My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).

--- End quote ---

I always take into consideration that someone could make a typo while entering a name in the credits. I saw a few times changes in the writing credits as time goes on due to mistakes. Also, the song is written by someone named Moses Martin, it could easily be mistaken by Max Martin if its written as "M. Martin".

EDIT: Moses Martin is the son of Chris Martin and he's 13 so... hard time believing he did the programming and co-producing, It's also hard to believe if the typo leads to C. Martin since Chris was never credited as a co-producer and a programming in any of his previous albums.

AlexanderLaBrea:
Feels pretty plausible that it's Moses Martin and someone thought M. Martin must mean Max Martin. Chris' son was part of the writing but it's just weird that wikipedia lists Max on the keyboards, but Moses "wrote" the drum pattern so it must be that.

j.fco.morales:
Well, the 12yo kid could have an idea and other people made it happen but they gave him proper credit.
Plus, it's candy for the press.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version