The Songwriters > New Songs

Ava Max debut album 'Heaven & Hell'

(1/9) > >>

klukan:
Hey all,

Just wanna throw in a recommendation for Ava Max' debut album 'Heaven & Hell'. Executively produced by Cirkut.

Every Cheiron fan should love these songs - so inspired by Swedish melodies and Ace Of Base-styled productions:
https://open.spotify.com/album/6B1U2tJse7tS9Yi4VJjZAA?si=2FsJROJPQWGilTB1Uk0Fqg

Good to see a 'pure pop' album being released in 2020! ;D

P.S. There are also credits by Shellback and The Struts ('Call Me Tonight') and RedOne ('Kings & Queens')

Snipes3000:
What is pure pop in your opinion? Are there more pure pop albums released in 2020 by the major labels you think? Not to mock you, serious questions.

klukan:

--- Quote from: Snipes3000 on September 21, 2020, 10:51:46 AM ---What is pure pop in your opinion? Are there more pure pop albums released in 2020 by the major labels you think? Not to mock you, serious questions.

--- End quote ---

Good question.

No, the opposite. The market right now is dominated by hiphop/rap, trap and 808-based beats (which is cool because there is a time for every sound), but for Cheiron pop lovers like most people in this forum the current market lacks 'real' melodic pop songs.

If you look at the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 this week the only song that falls under this category is 'Blinding Lights' by The Weeknd (by Max, funny enough) and that is even a melodic pop song disguised as a cool, retro, 80's electro-pop song.

'Pure pop' is an expression that I've seen used many times in this forum and IMO it is a term covering melodic, catchy pop songs - maybe even glossy, bubblegum-ish pop songs and productions, which are generally not regarded as 'cool' in this day and age.

So my point is that the Ava Max album stands out in 2020, because it is a whole album with these types of 'cheesy' pop songs, which are rare these days.

j.fco.morales:
Well, I think we're not very genre orientated in the forum.

And I heard the album and sounds really good but it's not my cup of tea.

nanofives:
Pure pop is kinda subjective, but the album is fire, all songs are bangers, I'm really glad for Cirkut for collaborating with tons of new people, especially shellback and the struts which is something max didn't explore with him when he was standing at Dr. Luke's shadow. And a full album without him also says a lot about how they ended their 6/7 years of collaboration. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it and they got tired of collaborating with each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version