• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Songs By Dr Luke and Max - does Max always melodies for most part?

Started by RoyFan, October 03, 2013, 05:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

Hi All,

I have a hunch that on most of their collaborations,  especially the recent ones, that Luke does the track (including chord progressions, etc)
And I know Max is obviously a great melody writer, but does anyone have any real interview quotes or anything like that where either one has said which songs Max did the vocal melody for?

Or any breakdown on which part they each played in a song? Like say "Since U Been Gone" ?

nznexus

i dont know, but try to find magazine about max martin you will get some information on hes production methods.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

max_martin_fan

Dr luke said that on dynamite max wrote the first part of the chorus and he wrote all the rest.

AdamKhan

Quote from: max_martin_fan on October 04, 2013, 03:56:33 PM
Dr luke said that on dynamite max wrote the first part of the chorus and he wrote all the rest.

Bonnie mckee wrote lyrics i know that forsure....i guess max did melody and help co-write maybe

turnaround

I believe this part of the melody

QuoteSo you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know whatcha falling for
Baby do you dare to do this
Cause I'm coming atcha like a dark horse

is by Max. It's gorgeous.
And I liked it..

J_A24

They both come up with melodies. Actually it's pretty easy to distinguish what melodies each come up with on collaborations. Max has those sugary swedish melodies while Luke comes up with repetitive and hooky stuff.

RoyFan

Thanks for the answer ....

So say in "Since U Been Gone" which melodies do you think were Max's?

I think Luke did all the chord structure though..do you agree?

Did you read any articles or quotes that discussed this topic?

max_martin_fan

Quote from: RoyFan on October 10, 2013, 08:54:17 PM
Thanks for the answer ....

So say in "Since U Been Gone" which melodies do you think were Max's?

I think Luke did all the chord structure though..do you agree?

Did you read any articles or quotes that discussed this topic?

if i recall properly, they were listening maps by yeah yeah yeahs and the fact that the chorus came so late drove max completly nuts, so he took the verse and wrote a new chorus for it. if you listen both songs they're kinda similar.

j.fco.morales

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are fucking amazing.

I never thought Luke or Max would listen to them...

sweetmelody

In the Dr. Luke New Yorker article, it is revealed that Max is more of the melody guy and Dr. Luke handles more of the beats side of things.