• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Why "Stronger" by Britney Spears is a masterpiece:

Started by ZachJames, August 17, 2013, 03:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachJames

Hello all. I was just listening to "Stronger" by Britney Spears and I have come to the conclusion that this song has one of the greatest choruses of pop music ever written. I am so obsessed with it that I feel I must write this.

One of the reasons this song stands out to me more than his other stuff is how much it reminds me of a piece of classical music. If you sit down at a piano and play this chorus, it just soars in the same way an orchestra could soar. The melody is a "real" melody! It's not just 2 or 3 notes like so many others melodies in pop nowadays. The harmonies are stunning and sound like there is a choir backing up Britney. It is SO powerful and SO moving, just listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQCbWsqqmAU

As most of us probably know...Max Martin studied ABBA intensively. In my opinion, the harmonies totally remind me of ABBA.

I think I just love this song a little bit too much  :P  What do you guys think?

A.R.T.

B Steady

Well, of course it's a fantastic song and I agree with your deliberations but there are at least 10 Cheiron songs I like more than Stronger :)

Btw I noticed something very interesting while listening to this YouTube clip:

Stronger sounds pretty much like Dont Want You Back, just in double-time of course. Im pretty sure that this was the template for Stronger especially since both of these song contain that "Aaai, Aaai"-Part (I, I don't want you back // I, I'm stronger)
Vila i frid Dag

rhythmic5

Quote from: B Steady on August 17, 2013, 10:56:26 AM
Stronger sounds pretty much like Dont Want You Back, just in double-time of course. Im pretty sure that this was the template for Stronger especially since both of these song contain that "Aaai, Aaai"-Part (I, I don't want you back // I, I'm stronger)

I agree, they also have similar progressions:
DWYB: i, VII, VI, V, Vsus
Stronger: VI, VII, i... Vsus, V

I think what makes Stronger stand out for me is the major chord movement half way through the chorus.. "...my loneliness ain't killing me no more.." if Stronger was written in 2013, it's unlikely it would have that switch in chords. it'd probably repeat the initial VI, VII, i all the way through (and probably throughout the rest of the song).

ZachJames

Quote from: rhythmic5 on August 18, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
I agree, they also have similar progressions:
DWYB: i, VII, VI, V, Vsus
Stronger: VI, VII, i... Vsus, V

I think what makes Stronger stand out for me is the major chord movement half way through the chorus.. "...my loneliness ain't killing me no more.." if Stronger was written in 2013, it's unlikely it would have that switch in chords. it'd probably repeat the initial VI, VII, i all the way through (and probably throughout the rest of the song).

Yeah. Just that part of the chorus brings the song to a whole different level. It would never in pop music nowadays.

Raul_esp

I agree , pop Masterpiece , the chorus is one of the most amazing things in pop music.

soundoffhear

Those great chord stackings are what make great songs great. I believe melody comes flowing out when the chords are simpatico.

nznexus

in my opinion this is one of the best songs ever done by max martin..

also the instrumental is  a masterpiece because its magic.

got same sounds from bsb everybody but this song is amazing

they used alot of instruments i just would like to know what gear they used for the synths in this song

they used an air wind effect in the breakdown wich makes it cool
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

bsbone