• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron in Common Part 2(Updated)

Started by Feelgoodlies, November 06, 2010, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

Hey guys, this is another video made by me, I actually compiled another bits from here and there from the guys it includes the same instruments they used on different songs, it's really interesting...

I hope you like it, and please commet.

NOTE: I came up with the tunes titles, so never mind ;D

"Cheiron in Common"

klukan

Nice job!
Very good observations!

I can't hear the similarity between "If You Seek Amy" and "Don't Want You back, though ??

Raul_esp

OverPop

Quote from: klukan on November 06, 2010, 11:40:39 PM
Nice job!
Very good observations!

I can't hear the similarity between "If You Seek Amy" and "Don't Want You back, though ??

I think it's that pad in the background, pretty hard to hear, but it's there  :)

Good work Feelgoodlies  ;)

btw you forgot one cool sound, and it's actually one of my favorite.
You can hear it on the Larger Than Life intro, although it's pretty higher in pitch there than usually, also in Don't Want You Back, You Drive Me Crazy, Stronger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw-SWYbEo right at "Hush just stop", "... do or say" etc. parts), and it's on quite a few other songs  :)

Rebecca

well done Feelgoodlies, it's really fantastic. I loved listening to that.
But I don't really understand the 'rewind button sound', can someone explain to me?

Overpop I think I know what you mean.

OverPop

Quote from: Rebecca on November 07, 2010, 07:22:57 AM
But I don't really understand the 'rewind button sound', can someone explain to me?

It's not really a "sound", but just a production thing (beat), usually the last 4 16th notes (mostly before and after the chorus) are aggressive / pumped up, so it sounds a bit like holding the rewind button when listening to a song.
Hope you'll understand  :D

Rebecca

Quote from: OverPop on November 07, 2010, 07:46:32 AM
Quote from: Rebecca on November 07, 2010, 07:22:57 AM

It's not really a "sound", but just a production thing (beat), usually the last 4 16th notes (mostly before and after the chorus) are aggressive / pumped up, so it sounds a bit like holding the rewind button when listening to a song.
Hope you'll understand  :D

yes, thanks, that makes sense now.

Izalightblue

Great job! I loved it, and I really like the way you name the sounds!

Feelgoodlies

Wow... thanks guy, I'm glad you actually took the time to hear what I did, thanks for the nice comments, I wihs the guys hear that :D

Quote from: OverPop on November 07, 2010, 02:44:00 AM
Quote from: klukan on November 06, 2010, 11:40:39 PM
Nice job!
Very good observations!

I think it's that pad in the background, pretty hard to hear, but it's there  :)

Good work Feelgoodlies  ;)

btw you forgot one cool sound, and it's actually one of my favorite.
You can hear it on the Larger Than Life intro, although it's pretty higher in pitch there than usually, also in Don't Want You Back, You Drive Me Crazy, Stronger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw-SWYbEo right at "Hush just stop", "... do or say" etc. parts), and it's on quite a few other songs  :)
Yes "Overpop" I know that sound lol, actually I haven't cut everything from them, I only did the ones that came up in my mind, there is a few more I should add, maybe next update...

I love concentrating, I dont only like "Cheiron" because of the songs, I LOVE their "recipes/formula", I really love their instruments, they are amazing!

Sorry if I caused any confusion with the titles, I actually don't know music-terminlogy, so I had to name them for you to understand what I mean.

Raul_esp

Quote from: georg_e on November 07, 2010, 07:33:09 PM

Wow that is f**ng incredible --great work!!  I always thought that some of the Cheiron sounds are alot like the effects they use in movie previews in the theater, where they have these really kind of dramatic, scary sounds, sometimes really loud, and this video of yours makes me think that even more.

Btw, there's a sound on your video at .12  -- a kind of 'whoosh' in reverse -- that gave me a shock, cuz just by coincidence I used a VERY similar sound last year I got from a free sound library. I don't know if it's the exact same sound but it's close -- you can hear it if you want on http://soundcloud.com/brightredsongs_08/candy-box-11may09-inst     The sound first comes in at 1.21 on my track, but you can hear it most clearly at the very end of the track at 3.09       :-)

Yeah! it's the sound of ''I'll never stop'' , amazing stuff!

OverPop

Btw, there's a sound on your video at .12  -- a kind of 'whoosh' in reverse -- that gave me a shock, cuz just by coincidence I used a VERY similar sound last year I got from a free sound library. I don't know if it's the exact same sound but it's close -- you can hear it if you want on http://soundcloud.com/brightredsongs_08/candy-box-11may09-inst     The sound first comes in at 1.21 on my track, but you can hear it most clearly at the very end of the track at 3.09       :-)

I love that sound, I called it the hollow snare  :D

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on November 07, 2010, 06:34:19 PM
Sorry if I caused any confusion with the titles, I actually don't know music-terminlogy, so I had to name them for you to understand what I mean.

Well that's the fun part, giving it a cool name   8) haha

klukan

Wow that is f**ng incredible --great work!!  I always thought that some of the Cheiron sounds are alot like the effects they use in movie previews in the theater, where they have these really kind of dramatic, scary sounds, sometimes really loud, and this video of yours makes me think that even more.

Yeah, that's a Cheiron sound!

@ georg_e : Could you please upload that sample wave-file to Sendspace or something like that? That would be awesome!

Thanks  ;)

georg_e

Hey, Klukan -- I'd be happy to, of course, but unfortunately I didn't save the sample file from last year. But I'm pretty sure I got it from this site http://www.freesound.org/      I usually just search for sounds like that at random until I hit something I like -- I probably searched for it on there under the term "swoop" or "whoosh"  :-)  (You can preview the sounds of course on there).  Maybe you guys can find it that way.   Or maybe there's a way you can extract it from the end of my "Soundcloud"  track?

Feelgoodlies

Oh yeah I know that sound I love it, the guys have used it a lot in their songs, you can clearly hear it in songs like "Stronger" right after the "hush just stop" when she says "there's nothing you can..." and in Oops!.. I Did it again, right after tha "I think I did it again" part

Also guys, there is another sound I really LOVE, I think it is a computer voice it's kind of "Awoo Awoo" sacry sound, it was used in both "Stronger" and "Don't Want You Back", you can hear it here

I wonder if the guys still have these instrumentals... I want them!

And thanks again for your comments guys!

Izalightblue

Isn't this sound the same on the Larger Than Life intro, but ''thinner'' and in a higher pitch?

Feelgoodlies, you've been doing a great job. Please, keep up with this!  ;) I think the guys still have the instrumentals, well, that was the Cheiron sound, right? ;)