• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Carolina Liar - Wild Blessed Freedom

Started by PhilJk18, September 27, 2011, 01:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilJk18

Carolina Liar comes out tomorrow, the album is executive produced by Max and I've barely heard anyone talk about it.

Here you can stream the full CD:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/5

Pretty amazing album. My favorites are All That Comes Out of My Mouth and King of Broken Hearts.

What do you all think?

Raul_esp

OMG , this album is amazing , great work Max!!

turnaround

Hi Phil, thank you very much. Out in the UK tomorrow.

Sounds fantastic to me. Do we have credits already?

A review:

http://allmusic.com/album/wild-blessed-freedom-r2285093/review

"All that comes out of my mouth" is great.

Miss America      Chad Wolf & Tobias Karlsson   
No More Secrets      Chad Wolf & Shellback   
Drown      Chad Wolf & Tobias Karlsson   
Me and You      Chad Wolf & Shellback   
Beautiful People      Chad Wolf, Alexander Kronlund & Tom Hamilton   
King of Broken Hearts      Chad Wolf & Tobias Karlsson   
I Don't Think So      Chad Wolf   
Daddy's Little Girl      Chad Wolf & Tobias Karlsson   
Feel Better Now      Chad Wolf   
Never Let You Down      Chad Wolf & Tobias Karlsson   
Salvation      Chad Wolf & Shellback   
All That Comes Out of My Mouth      Chad Wolf, Tobias Karlsson, Rickard Göransson & Shellback   

And I liked it..

Raul_esp

I agree , "All that comes out of my mouth" chorus is pure Max.

Axel

how can the chorus be pure Max when he wasn't involved in the songwriting? :) Then again, maybe Shellback transported the Max-vibe into the song. ;-)

Alex Martin

So sad. No max songs  >:( By the way the album is great. Well done!!!!

PhilJk18

I think that just because Max isn't listed in the credits doesn't mean that he wasn't involved in the songs. Every article I've read leading up to the release said that Max was executive producer which means that he is overseeing all the songs and basically controlling which songs make the final cut of the album. And just from listening to it, all the songs definitely have a heavy Max influence.

Besides, Carolina Liar is listed as being signed to Maratone, which is Max's label, so I'm sure he contributed in some way.  ;)

turnaround

Max' influence is not deniable I think. I am sure he produced the whole thing and so it's his sound even if he didn't contribute to the melodies or lyrics.

The album is incredibly catchy, it's almost better than the debut.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

yeah, the album is great on first listen. I hope Max was the executive producer.

Feelgoodlies

Based on your reviews guys I should check it out.

turnaround

I'm loving this album. My copy arrived and the artwork is great too.

Here is a nice interview with acoustic versions of some songs.

livestream.com/carolinaliar
And I liked it..

Rebecca

thanks, I really enjoyed watching the interview and hearing the songs. Nice to hear them talk a little about Max and Alexander Kronlund.

Out

Quote from: turnaround on October 08, 2011, 02:45:52 PM
My copy arrived
So wasn't Max mentioned in credits somewhere on a cover completely?

I've just listened through this and I absolutely love it.
Daddy's Little Girl, Me And You and Never Let You Down are my faves but the album in common consists of hits, only 2-3 songs I would call fillers.

turnaround

I will check it later :)

By the way Cheryl Lloyd sings "Beautiful people" on her debut album with Carolina Liar!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticks_%26_Stones_%28Cher_Lloyd_album%29

Great combination!
And I liked it..

turnaround

Quote from: Out on October 18, 2011, 01:21:37 AM
Quote from: turnaround on October 08, 2011, 02:45:52 PM
My copy arrived
So wasn't Max mentioned in credits somewhere on a cover completely?

I've just listened through this and I absolutely love it.
Daddy's Little Girl, Me And You and Never Let You Down are my faves but the album in common consists of hits, only 2-3 songs I would call fillers.
Max was mentioned

"Beautiful people" (produced/recorded by Max Martin and Shellback for Maratone Productions, produced also by Michael Ilbert)
"All that comes out of my mouth" (produced/recorded by Shellback and Max Martin (was produced at Maratone and at Thunderhoney Studios in Los Angeles))

Apart from that - no Max mentioned in the credits.

Of course they thanked him in the Thank You's (he is the 2nd person mentioned)

Tom Talomaa and Alexandra are also mentioned (whatever they contributed to the album)

And I liked it..