• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max & Kristian wanted to write songs for One Direction

Started by Eddie Krommer, April 03, 2012, 02:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

Boybands are back, so as the Cheiron guys.

This article is about how Syco Music is asking famous songwriters some potential Number 1 songs for the next One Direction's album. Max and Kristian are mentioned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/one-direction--but-where-next-writers-join-battle-to-create-boy-bands-next-hits-7609020.html

Joshua

Ohhhh, I thought you meant they wanted to write on the first album but couldn't or something haha. I'll be thrilled if Max (or Kristian for that matter) works on some tracks for them. I never thought the day would come when Max would be heavily involved with boy bands again... hope it happens!

turnaround

That would be a perfect collaboration. 1D are so popular right now, they need really strong songs for the next album to top the success of the first one.

And who else would be better than the old Cheiron crew.

Andreas Carlsson and Max Martin should write a new IWTW.  :)

Great article, writers from all over the world probably hand in demos for the next album as it will be big no doubt and you can sell lots of records.

Can't wait for the next steps of 1D.
And I liked it..

Unexpected

I really want Kristian Lundin to work with them, He's the only producer who stayed true to himself and still produced Pure POP songs.

Rebecca

hmmm, I'm not sure I even want Max to write songs for One Direction. He's already done the boy band thing, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge for him. It wouldn't be much of a challenge for Kristian Lundin either.

I think it would be nice for some lessor known songwriters to write for One Direction and have success, they same way Cheiron did for BSB back in the day. But I'm sure Simon Cowell won't want to take a chance with unknowns.

Joshua

Quote from: Rebecca on April 07, 2012, 12:25:50 AM
hmmm, I'm not sure I even want Max to write songs for One Direction. He's already done the boy band thing, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge for him.

I know what you mean. But if it does happen, I don't reckon he'd allow himself to fall back on what he did a decade ago. My guess is he'll either steer clear altogether, or he'll try and do something a bit different with them. As much as I'd love it... it wouldn't be too good for Max's image if he dished up something that sounded like his late 90's boyband work. Having said that, Rami has already set the style somewhat, so it might be hard to move too far away from that.

Khan9898

I can see Kristian just joining Rami, Carl, and Savan in writing songs together for 1D. Their was something else about the Cheiron boyband pop music that was made that won't touch BSB/NSYNC.

Feelgoodlies

I agree, I still prefer the BSB and *NSYNC songs over any song from these bands.

I still enjoy "Bye, Bye, Bye" and "Get Another Boyfriend" as if they are fresh!

Raul_esp

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on April 15, 2012, 07:26:28 PM
I agree, I still prefer the BSB and *NSYNC songs over any song from these bands.

I still enjoy "Bye, Bye, Bye" and "Get Another Boyfriend" as if they are fresh!
Yess , It never gets old!

Matteo87

"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Dhanis Martin

Max should write songs in the first their album  :P

turnaround

Great news confirmed by Carl Falk:

Rami, Savan, Kristian Lundin, Carl Falk and Shellback are working hard on songs for the new 1D album.

The credits of the new album will be definitely amazing. Every songwriter probably try to get a cut and hand in their best songs  :)
And I liked it..

Khan9898

^ If only those writers were writing for BSB. Le sigh