• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Piano Intro "Baby One More Time" Quiz ;-)

Started by georg_e, March 06, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Anybody wanna guess where I'd bet $100.00 Max got the concept for the piano intro on "Baby One More Tiime"?   I think I knowwwww, lol :D     (Hint: not the same notes/melody, but the concept/rythym.......yep!)    Who will be the Grand Prize Winner of this quiz?    (Free Lifetime Subscription to the Forum ;-)

B Steady

tina turner - goldeneye

EDIT: there are lots of cheiron songs with this kind of piano (or another instrument), e.g. E-Type - I'm Not Alone, Backstreet Boys - Don't Want You Back, Britney Spears - Don't Go Knockin' On My Door and so on ...
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on March 06, 2014, 05:17:02 PM
tina turner - goldeneye

EDIT: there are lots of cheiron songs with this kind of piano (or another instrument), e.g. E-Type - I'm Not Alone, Backstreet Boys - Don't Want You Back, Britney Spears - Don't Go Knockin' On My Door and so on ...
Very good guess!!  But that's not what I was thinking of....never heard that until now;-) Although you might be partly right! But the one I'm thinking of has a very similar piano sound to "Baby One More", and was a huge hit in the 1970's, so it came way before all those other Cheiron songs you mentioned.....     

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on March 06, 2014, 05:29:00 PM
      Very good guess!!  But that's not what I was thinking of....never heard that until now;-) Although you might be partly right! But the one I'm thinking of has a very similar piano sound to "Baby One More", and was a huge hit in the 1970's, so it came way before all those other Cheiron songs you mentioned.....     

well Goldeneye came before those tracks as well
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on March 06, 2014, 05:30:35 PM
well Goldeneye came before those tracks as well
Yes, you're totally right, and it's even from 1995, not too far from Britney era ;-)  That riff is so close, wow. It's possible he combined that riff with the piano sound of the song I'm thinking of, to give it that "Punch"........

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Rex

B Steady

woah I just discovered another similarity:

listen to the staccato eighth piano notes in the second verse and then listen to One Way Ticket by Eruption :o

and NO, don't say it. I like that quiz :D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

I think B-Steady is the Grand Prize Winner already......and with an answer I didn't even know existed!! :-)   Been listening to that a few times......it's  dead-on same concept.     OK, since we have a winner, here's the one I was thinking of.....
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7RSfHYH74

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on March 06, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
woah I just discovered another similarity:

listen to the staccato eighth piano notes in the second verse and then listen to One Way Ticket by Eruption :o

and NO, don't say it. I like that quiz :D
Wow, where's you get THAT song from???? But yes, I hear it!!!    btw, you can start enjoying your FREE Lifetime Subscription to the Forum at any time :D

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on March 06, 2014, 05:50:21 PM
         I think B-Steady is the Grand Prize Winner already......and with an answer I didn't even know existed!! :-)   Been listening to that a few times......it's  dead-on same concept.     OK, since we have a winner, here's the one I was thinking of.....
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7RSfHYH74

lmao :D

well I think E-Type's I'm Not Alone is definitely Goldeneye "inspired" and later on they just tried the same pattern with a piano

and I don't think that "your" song was the template for ...Baby One More Time

Quote from: georg_e on March 06, 2014, 05:56:29 PM
    Wow, where's you get THAT song from???? But yes, I hear it!!!    btw, you can start enjoying your FREE Lifetime Subscription to the Forum at any time :D

I was just searching for a 70s compilation to find the song that was in your head and that way I tripped on this song :D

and thank you, I think I already started to use it :D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

<Quote>  "and I don't think that "your" song was the template for ...Baby One More Time "

For the sound/instrumentation, combined with Goldeneye melody, I still think so :-)  So it's half and half.    (At least on the speculative level we're operating on here).....

georg_e

<Quote>    "and thank you, I think I already started to use it"

What, you haven't gotten your bill yet????? :)

Raul_esp

Interesting! I didnt know about these similarities , Guys you have some great ears for music.

georg_e

Quote from: Raul_esp on March 06, 2014, 11:32:05 PM
Interesting! I didnt know about these similarities , Guys you have some great ears for music.
And a nose for trouble, lol!!!! :D