• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Never discovered song by DENNIZ POP from 1995???

Started by Jules, February 17, 2014, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Okay, so this is confusing, but just as exciting (for real CHEIRON fans - Linda, read carefully! :P )

So I was adding some stuff to my collection on Discogs when I came across Dr. Alban's "Look Who's Talking" album from 1994.
I did some digging and found out that there was a US release a year later in 1995 with a slightly different tracklist - it also had a song that wasn't released on the European version called "I Feel Like Making Love To You" which I had never heard about before.

I checked for the credits and almost had a heart attack when I saw a scan of the booklet that said it was written & produced by DENNIZ POP !!!!   :o :o

I ordered a copy of the US release and when I imported it to my iTunes I realised that a different version of the song was also released on Alban's 1996 album "Born In Africa".
Oddly, the booklet from "BIA" shows completely different credits to that song:

After my CD copy arrived I checked the booklet for further credits on "IFLMLTY".
It says the song was recorded at & published by CHEIRON:

So this is confusing. Which credits are correct??

Ebenezer Thompson did co-writing on the songs "Look Who's Talking" & "Awillawillawillahey" and also keyboards on "Free Up Soweto" from the "LHT" album in 1994.
Ira Ward also co-wrote & produced "Awillawillawillahey" - so both of them were definetely involved in that album, which leaves the possibility open that they could have been involved in "IFLMLTY".

On the other hand I'm confused by the fact that the booklet of "LHT" also explicitly says the song was recorded at CHEIRON and published by CHEIRON. If that really was a mistake, it means they would have made three mistakes about this. That would be too much of a coincidence, no?!  ???

The song itself doesn't sound much like other Denniz PoP productions of that time, yet I could be wrong - it has the typical reggae elements, but some synthesizers don't sound like Denniz..  ???  I don't know, I could be wrong!
Also, the "LHT" booklet said Birgitta Edoff sang backing vocals, while on the "BIA" booklet it says that Martina Edoff sang backings - so obviously there's a mix up.

What do you guys think??

B Steady

"it has the typical reggae elements, but some EQs don't sound like Denniz"

so you can hear which EQs he was using or what? that synth doesn't sound like Denniz at all but any producer can do some things we would never expect from him

the song sounds like an Ace Of Base / E-Type song so it could definitely be Denniz PoP
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Which version did you listen to?

Quote from: B Steady on February 17, 2014, 07:30:57 PM
so you can hear which EQs he was using or what? that synth doesn't sound like Denniz at all [...]

Quote from: Jules on February 17, 2014, 05:32:15 PM
The song itself doesn't sound much like other Denniz PoP productions of that time [...] but some EQs don't sound like Denniz..

Sry, synthesizers is what I meant, not equalizers. I'll edit that.

As I said... I'm a huge fan of Denniz' work from the Eurodance era and I have listenend to his 1993/94 songs a gazillion times ever since my childhood. I think I can recognize a Denniz PoP song when I hear it and when I first heard "IFLMLTY" it just sounded very, very different to anything else he did around that time. And considering that one can recognize a Denniz PoP song for what it is I had my gut feeling tell me that this is not made by him. Yet, as I said, I could be all wrong - after all it's just a gut feeling.  ;)

B Steady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeM3gorliVo

nah of course it doesn't sound like a typical Denniz PoP production but as i said, we don't know the whole repertoire of a producer so they can always suprise us with new styles :D

PS: THIS version sounds even less like Denniz PoP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_RBgcLocA maybe that's the version you were referring to

Vila i frid Dag

Linda

It doesn't sound like Denniz to me either.
I wish we knew proper though - I need a new Denniz PoP song in my life!

Is it even possible to find a rare song - We must have heard everything by him by now  =)

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on February 17, 2014, 08:45:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeM3gorliVo

[...]

PS: THIS version sounds even less like Denniz PoP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_RBgcLocA maybe that's the version you were referring to

Clearly I was referring to both versions. lol
But yeah, the version you first linked to is the one released on the "LHT" album with Denniz listed as the writer/producer.

Quote from: Linda on February 17, 2014, 09:39:44 PM
It doesn't sound like Denniz to me either.
I wish we knew proper though - I need a new Denniz PoP song in my life!

Is it even possible to find a rare song - We must have heard everything by him by now  =)

Unfortunately so, Linda!  :-\

ShockdioN

Quote from: B Steady on February 17, 2014, 08:45:51 PM

I love this song !! :D