• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ava Max debut album 'Heaven & Hell'

Started by klukan, September 21, 2020, 10:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagge

Quote from: klukan on September 21, 2020, 11:12:39 AM
Good question.

No, the opposite. The market right now is dominated by hiphop/rap, trap and 808-based beats (which is cool because there is a time for every sound), but for Cheiron pop lovers like most people in this forum the current market lacks 'real' melodic pop songs.

If you look at the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 this week the only song that falls under this category is 'Blinding Lights' by The Weeknd (by Max, funny enough) and that is even a melodic pop song disguised as a cool, retro, 80's electro-pop song.

'Pure pop' is an expression that I've seen used many times in this forum and IMO it is a term covering melodic, catchy pop songs - maybe even glossy, bubblegum-ish pop songs and productions, which are generally not regarded as 'cool' in this day and age.

So my point is that the Ava Max album stands out in 2020, because it is a whole album with these types of 'cheesy' pop songs, which are rare these days.

Strong melody never gets out of fashion, only dressing changes. That's what Max is good at, turning not so strong song and production like Weekn'd one you mentioned into a hit. The only thing that sets that song apart from the average is the strong melody in the pre-chorus and chorus.

So, pop is strong melody + specific 'pop' dressing. Not more not less.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on June 09, 2021, 12:32:09 AM
Just listened to the Dolby Atmos mix of this on Apple Music, sound design is immaculate! Cirkut is the master of this type of production.

Where do you find that mix? Can't find it on AM

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on June 10, 2021, 07:47:51 AM
That's strange 'cause it's the only version of the song I can find on my Apple Music! I had to turn the Dolby Atmos setting to "Always On" in the Music settings of my phone for the files to play through the Atmos feature, if that helps.

Hmm, ok I'll have to play around with that feature. Thanks!

j.fco.morales

Have you seen the video where the interviewer ask her about her favourite Elton John song and she doesn't know any.

Funny AF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCYxMffS4MA

j.fco.morales

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

This is the second time they borrow something from ABBA.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 27, 2021, 05:44:30 AM

That's her shtick. She's a throwback/samples pop star, at least for now.

I still think My Head & My Heart is one of her best songs ever and a masterful use of the ATC sample.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 27, 2021, 05:44:30 AM

Then again, every pop artist does ;)

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 12, 2021, 04:55:48 AM
Have you seen the video where the interviewer ask her about her favourite Elton John song and she doesn't know any.

Funny AF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCYxMffS4MA

Rather embarrassing; that was really awkward to watch.
Vila i frid Dag

Dagge

Quote from: B Steady on September 11, 2021, 12:40:52 AM
Then again, every pop artist does ;)

Rather embarrassing; that was really awkward to watch.

While ABBA themselves borrowed from classic composers :)

backgammonfiend

here's a link for wild thing OG file if you been under a rock and haven't heard the frontrunner for song of the decade

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/426233445648302106/977984249233829968/Wild_Thing.wav

i CANNOT believe they put out so am i when they had this in the tank, fucking writers payola you hate to see it

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: backgammonfiend on October 04, 2021, 12:22:21 AM
here's a link for wild thing OG file if you been under a rock and haven't heard the frontrunner for song of the decade

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/750173188771807303/890000427670720533/Wild_Thing.wav

i CANNOT believe they put out so am i when they had this in the tank, fucking writers payola you hate to see it

Thanks for posting the original file!

Damn, this song slaps. It's like a poppier Sweet But Psycho. Such an ear worm