• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Latin Contemporary Music

Started by j.fco.morales, April 07, 2017, 03:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/4nrPB8O7Y7wsOCJdgXkthe?si=83e63782ff674d24[/spotify]

Written by Bizarrap, Keitlyn, Santiago Alvarado and Shakira
Produced by Bizarrap
I just couldn't help posting this to honor my country, even though it's not a good song I feel like this is a huge step for South American writers and producers.

Personally I think Bizarrap lacks personality, I just can't point anything between any of his songs, and Shakira's voice is processed to oblivion. Probably the lyrics are the strongest attribution to the massive success it's having worldwide.

bugmenot

Ava Max and Kygo used Shakira's Whenever Wherever
Written by Cleo Tighe, Gloria Estefan, Jonah Shy, Patrick Martin, Roland Spreckley, Shakira, Tim Mitchell
Produced by Kygo
spotify

j.fco.morales

nanofives

The song generated quite a lot of backlash due to the usage of that sample.
Instagram comments on Kygo's post are all full of people complaining that this is stealing and that samples should stop and that we should encourage artists to be original.
I couldn't disagree more with all these statements.