• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Rami Yacoub Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, March 25, 2022, 01:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

I also tend to ignore filler songs when they're not made by big producers or producers that I like, more often than not when I do they're just boring songs.

Kesha's deconstructed was probably the way she wanted to go with Warrior, and even though it's not bad, it's certainly not as fun, catchy or successful as the original album.
Coming back to albums as a whole, Kesha's Warrior I think it doesn't have a single filler song in there, even in the deluxe edition, that feeling is not something I've been finding recently.

Maybe one recent exception for me would be Sigrid's How To Let Go, but I think that's more to do with Sly taking the lead as the producer of the whole album. Same with Dawn FM or Music of the Spheres with Max.

j.fco.morales

In Beyoncé's case she's an established artist with all the resources needed. She could do ANYTHING.

Since 2013's Beyoncé album I guess she's doing what she wants, not much in a commercial way. Looks like she's trying to expand her brand and build a statement musically instead of having mega hit singles. She charts high because she's Beyoncé and her brand sells on its own.

After all, it's a 25 year career.

Snipes3000

Beyonce is not able to do anything with her having the last say. Yes, she has the right to bring in ideas and yes they will respect her input and take it into consideration properly. Do you know how much money record labels invest in the marketing of their A artists? It's an incredible amount and they will never allow their star to have the last saying.... Believe me, without the record label Beyoncé would have fallen harder, just like has happened to Michael Jackson with Invincible in 2001 or Prince since he decided to go without a record label. In fact, the record label depends on how much money they make with the A artist. All the other artists are not effectively influencing the revenue and are not able to generally speaking, since the marketing budget is a necessity.

50 Cent explained it, someone sent this to me recently: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4QSQir7NMUA

The whole African album was a record label scheme for taking over the African market (without success admittely). They used that great song 'Brown Skinned Girl' (yes that's not sarcastically) to conquer that market but as I followed the charts in several African countries (especially Nigeria) it had a hard time on there. It must be noted, however, that the song is a stayer even though it didn't dominate the African charts as it should have done. Nevertheless, that whole African thing was a record label scheme and they put everything on conquering Africa and the lesson they learned from it was that the African market is not that interesting after all for the record label's interest. They are quiete nationalistic and like their own artists before foreign artists and people stream music and the amount of the population willing to invest their money in buying music is relatively low compared to places such as Europe, North America and North East Asia.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

bugmenot

And streaming is uncontrollable. Radio/TV were controllable, you push a song, you reap some profit. Now labels push a song on every spotify playlist and people listen it for two weeks and just skip it later although label wasted resources on that songs being in that playlist.
50 cent is smart.

Snipes3000

Bots are used to boost streams is one of my suspicions based on streaming data per hour. So there is some control. Labels are also influencing tiktok and meta - for example to add their songs on top of the recommendation list -  and last week kobalt revoked all their music (this includes mxm music) from either meta or tiktok, not sure but google it iff u wanna know.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Well, big budget projects are not the trend nowadays.

Usually, people dies to work with such a high profile artists and you don't ask for money when Beyoncé calls. The amount of publishing you receive is more than enough. An adding "produced songs for Beyoncé" to your bio is a big deal. After the pandemic, people can work remotely and send files back and forth.
Probably, some of these producers didn't even meet Beyoncé.

She's signed to Columbia Records through Sony. She doesn't own her masters and the revenue comes mainly from three things: publishing, touring and partnerships with brands.

bugmenot

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/3bw0ZUfZ8uo6EqghQ2qBcK?si=af75ccf8ac9d418a[/spotify]

Written by Ashton Irwin, Brian Lee, Luke Hemmings, Rami and Sly
Produced by Rami and Sly

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on September 23, 2022, 12:53:44 PM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/3bw0ZUfZ8uo6EqghQ2qBcK?si=af75ccf8ac9d418a[/spotify]

Written by Ashton Irwin, Brian Lee, Luke Hemmings, Rami and Sly
Produced by Rami and Sly

Ooo sounds like a proper pop tune. Sounds like Jonás Brothers a bit

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1Ame8XTX6QHY0l0ahqUhgv?si=f3ae46a629de451c[/spotify]

Written by Måneskin, James Abrahart, Jason Evigan, Rami and Sarah Hudson
Produced by Måneskin and Fabrizio Ferraguzzo

j.fco.morales

Not really into the arrangements and the sound design.

nanofives

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/4AwJSk491AvHk2AAJReGzZ?si=98c8a2bf6ec14f1f[/spotify]

Written by Daniel Caesar, Jimmy Napes, Rami Yacoub and SEVN
Produced by Rami Yacoub, SVN and Daniel Caesar

j.fco.morales

I never expected Rami and Daniel Ceasar working together.

Is Daniel appealing for a pop crossover?

bugmenot

6 writers

ILLENIUM JVKE With All My Heart
Written by Gregory Aldae Hein, Jake Lawson, Jason Evigan, Nicholas Miller, Rami Yacoub, Zac Lawson
Produced by ILLENIUM, Jason Evigan
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1ENQZlb9iVUnCoN2QtI77e[/spotify]