• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Coldplay - album "Everyday Life" (two Max co-productions)

Started by nanofives, November 06, 2019, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

Max is credited as a Programmer, Co-Producer and Keyboards on Coldplay's new song according to Tidal.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6muOWhMh7Tf0UFUtMDBhUR?si=zqAofhlRSNWOe_bzJyAlbw[/spotify]

Quite hard to believe in my opinion since there's no news related to it and it just doesn't sound like Max.

Snipes3000

My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

Quote from: Snipes3000 on November 06, 2019, 02:21:58 PM
My first thought on this was that somebody got confused by C. Martin and M. Martin. What I heard C. Martin say is that he is always responsible for keyboards on the Coldplay tracks. He felt bad that he didn't do the keyboard on the Sky Full Of Stars (keyboard was done by Avicii).

I always take into consideration that someone could make a typo while entering a name in the credits. I saw a few times changes in the writing credits as time goes on due to mistakes. Also, the song is written by someone named Moses Martin, it could easily be mistaken by Max Martin if its written as "M. Martin".

EDIT: Moses Martin is the son of Chris Martin and he's 13 so... hard time believing he did the programming and co-producing, It's also hard to believe if the typo leads to C. Martin since Chris was never credited as a co-producer and a programming in any of his previous albums.

AlexanderLaBrea

Feels pretty plausible that it's Moses Martin and someone thought M. Martin must mean Max Martin. Chris' son was part of the writing but it's just weird that wikipedia lists Max on the keyboards, but Moses "wrote" the drum pattern so it must be that.

j.fco.morales

Well, the 12yo kid could have an idea and other people made it happen but they gave him proper credit.
Plus, it's candy for the press.

AlexanderLaBrea

Exactly! The original voice memo for the song is played in the music video where he gives the suggestion for a drum beat.

nanofives

Of course it could be... It easily explains the co writer credit, but what about keyboards, co production and programming? Those roles go way beyond having an idea for the drum pattern.

There's also credits for percussion and drums (yes, separated) and Moses is not there, can you see the point? The puzzle doesn't fit. Maybe I shouldn't read too much into this, but I refuse to come to the conclusion that Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz credits turned out to be unreliable.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on November 06, 2019, 10:55:50 PM
Exactly! The original voice memo for the song is played in the music video where he gives the suggestion for a drum beat.

Almost 34 millions views in just a week.

Well, I guess we'll know when they start doing press for the album but honestly I don't think there's a Max involvement.
I noticed Aluna Francis in the gang vocals and Federico Vindver at additional production. He's from Argentina, Mariano!

https://genius.com/Coldplay-orphans-lyrics

AlexanderLaBrea

Yeah I doubt it as well, seems unlikely that Max would just stumble in to a Coldplay session and just lay down some keyboards and stuff. I've seen Max credited as a co-writer some places also which makes it plausible that everything is just supposed to be Moses.

turnaround

It's official by Max.

Co-Produced by Max Martin
Keyboards, Programmer,
And I liked it..

Snipes3000

-According to Wikipedia (what a reliable source hey!) and Discogs.com Max Martin is a co-producer on 'Orphans' and 'Champion of the World'.
-According to Wikipedia Max Martin is a songwriter on 'Orphans'.

If anyone has a good, reliable source (best would be pictures of book inside cd) please share.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Snipes3000

Thank you bugmenot. Personally I wouldn't qualify that as a good, reliable source. The most reliable (and the ones I hope for) are the credits inside the cd book. Just because Craig Jenkins writes as a journalist for Vulture or Michael Owen Baker for NY Times does not make it valid to me, for they as well might rely on the same sources that we have seen till now. But hey, that's just my opinion. But still thanks for the help!

turnaround

You can download the booklet for free here:

https://www.coldplay.com/download-the-everyday-life-booklet/

QuoteCo-production on Orphans and Champion Of The World by Max Martin
And I liked it..

nanofives

We really don't want to believe it, don't we?

It's so no Max, but it's a good song nonetheless.