• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RedOne

Started by Axel, June 01, 2012, 09:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

Is anyone of you following RedOne's work? I'm following him on Facebook and he's got like 55'000 fans following him. He's very much in contact with his fans there, asking for opinions etc which IMO is exactly how you should treat the social media channels. People feel "on board". If you compare that to Savan's page for example, where he simply uses facebook to announce when a new single is released.

Opinions?

Joshua

I'm not personally following RedOne at the moment, but I've given celebrities and their use of social media a bit of thought lately for some reason. To me, it can be both good and bad. It definitely helps them connect with fans on a whole new level, but I wonder if it's not also detracting from that sense of mystery that helps make them so exciting for fans.

Just like meeting up with friends isn't quite the same when you've been able to read what they've been doing every hour for the past week or so. In the same way, knowing which artist is working with who in six months time and reading about their every move eventually makes the whole thing feel a bit underwhelming in my mind. Same goes for hearing all those leaked tracks from albums way before they come out, or seeing too many online clips of an upcoming movie... it all detracts from the end experience which used to be so huge before we had this insane amount of access to media.

I would probably be the first to follow Max online if he were ever to be a public Twitter or Facebook user, but I'm mostly glad he isn't. I think his media shyness only adds to what makes him so iconic. I really hope he's doing work at the moment that we'll have no idea about almost up until it's release date.

So I guess it's all about balance. There are obviously major pluses for using social media, I just hope it doesn't get to the point where people start losing interest. In a world where anyone can post work online for thousands to see and hear, the gap between wannabes and established artists is becoming narrower. They need to make sure there's still a sense of exclusivity to the way they present themselves online. Wow, sorry for the essay there haha. :-\

Rebecca

I'm now following Redone on Facebook.

I agree with you Joshua, it's good to hear what celebrities etc are up to, but if they're just advertising themselves it can be boring. I'm also not much of a fan of leaked tracks, although I usually listen to them, I try not to do it too much, it's so much nicer to hear the finished song in good quality.

Feelgoodlies

I "liked" his Facebook page, so I'm getting each thing he posts. Howevere, this isn't usually the case with the produecrs actually. I have Twin both(Niklas and Joacim) they rarely update on what they do unless their songs  chart, I also have Per Magnusson, and the guys from Epicentre,  they rarely write or update their work, they don't spoil.

I like how some producer interact with the fans, tell us what's new and what they're cooking. I would love all my FaceBook friends to be producers and musicians, better than teling your friend how much you like their new pic or like their status.