• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lady Gaga/Tony Bennett single "Anything Goes"

Started by georg_e, July 29, 2014, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Out today on iTunes    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg1meK-IgOM    Album out Sept. 23......straight to #1   :-D

B Steady

Lmaoooo, I see lots of ""little monsters"" pretending that they're jazz fans :D
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

j.fco.morales

They look so into each other, like real love.

georg_e

Quote from: Jules on July 29, 2014, 10:49:44 PM
Lady Flopga is back!  :-X

USA ITunes Charts
#AnythingGoes
(POP) Number 15
(All Genres) Number 31     Also the single is at least Top 15 iTunes in multiple countries, #1 in several:  with a jazz song.    And the album will be #1 on Billboard.  Only pop singer out there who can also credibly sing with someone like Tony Bennett and get rave reviews....... curious definition of "Flop"............

Jules

The Gaga train has departed LONG ago haha.
I'm still laughing SO hard at all the little monsters who said Gaga would become this generations Madonna!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Flopga 4 life!  :-X

georg_e

Quote from: Jules on July 29, 2014, 11:53:18 PM
The Gaga train has departed LONG ago haha.
I'm still laughing SO hard at all the little monsters who said Gaga would become this generations Madonna!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Flopga 4 life!  :-X
Yes, "departed"...that's why she's all over the headlines/Twitter today :-)  Why would she want to become "this generations Madonna"?   Madonna can barely sing in tune on pop, let alone jazz!   Gaga's got an expansive musical mind, and the chops to back it up.  But don't take my opinion: check back in September when the album hits #1 :D   

Jules

You said it all: she's all over the media today.
And she'll be forgotten in a week.

And yes, I agree: the album will most likely hit #1 the first week, even though it will only sell a lousy amount of copies.
And then it will disappear even more rapidly than "Artflop" did.

I also do agree about her being an incredible artist. Her problem is that she lost the ground under her feet due to all the phenominal hype that was made about her at the beginning of her career. And she can't live up to that anymore. She's disappeared, compared to the success of The Fame/Monster.

"Flop This Way" and "Artflop" may have hit #1 entries and first singles that managed to sell decently. But again: she was hyped and predicted to be THE one and only new superstar. And at that she failed. Miserably.

B Steady

Jules is not the biggest gaga fan lol

Btw who is THE "new" superstar?
I'd say Rihanna
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

OK whatever.........but couldn't you maybe just have enjoyed the song/video without the "Flop" attack on her?   Music is more fun that way!!                The song made my day, anyway :-)

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on July 30, 2014, 12:58:58 AM
Jules is not the biggest gaga fan lol

Btw who is THE "new" superstar?
I'd say Rihanna
I thought he was her biggest fan, and was just having an off day, lol!!

melodicmoonlight

bottom line is, no pop star's peak lasts forever. Gaga experienced a high level of success for a good 4 years. it's all people talked about - she came outta nowhere with a totally different style/vision/sound/etc.

why do people love hating on Gaga so much? she's just doing her thing. and personally, I think ARTPOP is an amazing album. just because it didn't sell a million first week doesn't mean she's not "matching her hype" or something. hype is what the public and media creates. she simply has the vision, the sound, and carries it out.

her voice is perfect for this genre. i can't see Taylor or Rihanna or Katy doing a duet album in a different genre, let alone jazz.