• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Wanted’s single was produced by Dr Luke - Walks Like Rihanna

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Boybands everywhere.

QuoteThe single is called 'Walks Like Rihanna' and will be out on June 23. It was co-written and produced by sorely underused pop alchemist Dr Luke, which may or may not be a good thing.

Last album by The Wanted featured a Rami song. So maybe this time Max is involved?

Let's see.

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/the-wanteds-walks-like-rihanna-is-shaping-up-to-be-this-summers-bestworst-pop-anthem/113784/
http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/the-wanteds-single-was-produced-by-dr-luke-and-will-be-out-on-june-23/113771/

And I liked it..

georg_e

Sounds like it'll be great :-)   Hey did you see right next to the article about this song on PopJustice, Spotify has a special little "We Love You Max" music player? All Max songs (but you gotta be on Spotify to hear 'em).

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

I think this may turn out to be one of those stand-out gems of Dr. Luke's like "About You Now" & "Nothing in This World". 100% pop melody. Love that delicious synth in chorus I keep forgetting name of that's also in "Domino" --here it's on the off-beats (Juno?)  Makes me happy too, because to me this is Dr. Luke's absolute best style-- pop/rock ear candy without a lot of trendy effects.

Joshua

One listen and I'm already obsessed with the melody and chords of this chorus, it's the kind of pop I've been missing for so long.

Quote from: georg_e on April 26, 2013, 11:04:27 PM
I think this may turn out to be one of those stand-out gems of Dr. Luke's like "About You Now" & "Nothing in This World". 100% pop melody.

Yeah those two are among his very best for sure. He's obviously capable of writing great melodies.

andrea

Raul_esp

It seems a great pop song , the melody is very good.

The melody of the line ''Walk like rihanna'' reminds me a bit to ''Caught in the middle'' of A1 and the verse before the chorus in ''I knew you were trouble'' , a melody so familiar  :D

Raul_esp

turnaround

Where can we listen in full? Is it on youtube?

Interesting - Katy Perry co-wrote it apparently.

Or is it wrong information. Some sites just said: "Written by Dr Luke who worked for Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson"

Maybe some were confused by this.
And I liked it..

turnaround

Thanks. I don't think it's a superb song, but of course very radio-friendly. I wonder if this will get The Wanted to #1 again.
And I liked it..

Joshua

I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting here, but this is probably my favourite song of the year so far. I know the cheesy Rihanna line might be a bit much, but "who cares" when you've got a chorus so damn melodic, and set over a perfect pop chord progression. Even the decision to change the one chord in the second half of the chorus takes me to pop heaven. It really feels like more of a Max track to me, and I love the attention given to the melody and chords with a simpler production. I was listening to the clip repeatedly today, I couldn't wait to hear it in full, so you can imagine my joy right now. I'd be interested to know if Katy was involved, she is close friends with Rihanna, so maybe she came up with the lyric idea?