• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

fl studio not good?

Started by nznexus, April 02, 2014, 06:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

i understood that fl studio is good for trance and hip hop. but not for pop music . actually pro tools is better. its from my experience i say

why is all using pro tools and cubase. whats wrong with fl strudio.. is the audio not clean or what?

i would like to know. i tried it all - studio one, reaper, sonar x2, reason, cubase, nuendo... but i love fl studio. because its so fast to work in it.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

awonip

I tried FL about a decade ago and found it helpful mainly for making beats or things which were more rhythmic. I can't comment on the current versions. I use Sonar more by habit than anything else. Because I'm used to it, I can work faster on it than other platforms I'm less familiar with.
Lets Play Together Among These Summer Waves

j.fco.morales

I think you can use any software and make interesting things, but for most people FL is for beginners or amateurs.

J_A24

I started on FLStudio back in 2007 (after that Logic and now Live), it's much better now than it was back then. They have the most user-friendly surface and pretty good stock plugins now.

It took a while for them to develop all of that, but it's a pretty respected DAW nowadays.

nznexus

Quote from: J_A24 on April 04, 2014, 01:32:42 AM
I started on FLStudio back in 2007 (after that Logic and now Live), it's much better now than it was back then. They have the most user-friendly surface and pretty good stock plugins now.

It took a while for them to develop all of that, but it's a pretty respected DAW nowadays.

cool thanks 8)
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

J_A24

Quote from: nznexus on April 04, 2014, 02:42:40 AM
cool thanks 8)

Harmor and Harmless are pretty cool softsyths. Check out some sound designs tutorials, it's really cool.

Adam B

You can make whatever music with whichever DAW -all that really matters is how is suits your workflow.

Ten years ago FL sounded inferior to other major DAWs because it was only 16 bits internal but no more, all DAWs sound the same.  ;D

What I like with FL;

1. The midi editor is the best around and it has the fastest workflow for me when starting songs. Most often I make a complete draft in FL and then export midi and build the finished song in Reaper.

2. The browser and step editor is great for getting the beat down. FL's browser is the fastest and most easy to use -combined with the step editor it makes it possible to try out sounds extremely fast. Perfect when you have the sound in your head and just gotta find the right sample..

What I don't like with FL;

1. The mixer is sub standard, way too many mouse clicks to get what you want. For example, if I wanna try out a sidechain in Reaper it's two mouse clicks in two seconds, the same thing in FL would take me almost 30 seconds and be really complicated..

2. Projects get too cluttered. If you have more than 10 tracks it's a nightmare to keep track of which track makes a certain sound. As it often is -you wanna completely redo the song halfways, maybe change style from a dance track to more pop -with FLs structure you're in for some work.

Same thing if you open an old project, it takes some time to figure out just what and how you were thinking. Compared with Reaper where you just fold away the tracks you're not working on at the moment and everything stays clear in mind and thought.  ;D

Overall, for someone choosing DAW I think FL is on the shortlist. Try out as many as possible and try to find which suits your workflow the best. FL for for fast initial workflow, ableton for testing ideas or a classic linear sequencer like Reaper or Cubase or Logic or Nuendo or Pyramix or Samplitude.

nznexus

im using studio one 2 now.

its a huge improvement makes fl studio look like a toy.

Adam B

in what way? what do you like with studio one?

nznexus

Quote from: Adam B on April 27, 2014, 02:48:16 AM
in what way? what do you like with studio one?

better sound  :D
better automation
better all