• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Wiz Khalifa - Stayin Out All Night, prod. by Cirkut, Dr. Luke & Nick Ruth

Started by B Steady, August 23, 2014, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

This song is on the new Wiz Khalifa album "Blacc Hollywood", check it out!
Vila i frid Dag

Rex

I think Dr. Luke has lost some creativity during these last years, his songs sound like nothing new lately. I don't want to be offensive, but he's being using the same productions chops for years, it's time to look for something fresh like Max did :)

j.fco.morales

He needs a new collaborator or give Cirkut a more interesting approach to the sound.

AdamKhan

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 23, 2014, 08:23:18 PM
He needs a new collaborator or give Cirkut a more interesting approach to the sound.

Yeah that could work, have you noticed that he hardly works with benny blanco anymore.

B Steady

Yeah Benny Blanco seems to prefer Ryan Tedder, Stargate and Cashmere Cat these days. To me it seems like Benny really has been searching for new adventures!
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

This is not at all meant in an offensive or sarcastic way, but:

Wrong category!  :-[

georg_e

What I liked on this is....the verses didn't really grab me, but then the pre chorus and chorus goes so hard and is great, but then he delays going back to the chorus for longer than I expected.......and then doesn't return to it at the end of the song......all of which means you have to play the whole song over again...very clever! :D

Honestly I wouldn't have even though this was by Dr. Luke....to me it's quite different.....

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on August 23, 2014, 09:02:09 PM
       What I liked on this is....the verses didn't really grab me, but then the pre chorus and chorus goes so hard and is great, but then he delays going back to the chorus for longer than I expected.......and then doesn't return to it at the end of the song......all of which means you have to play the whole song over again...very clever! :D

Honestly I wouldn't have even though this was by Dr. Luke....to me it's quite different.....

the chorus is 100% Luke/Cirkut
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Listened again...the way they made like a pre-chorus with the bass line under the rap just before the second chorus is totally great......this is an awesome song.....completely grabs you by the b***s.......

*Third listen.....now I see.....it's tricky.....doesn't actually go back to the true chorus until the end......there's all this tension build-up, build-up with the bassline under the rap, but doesn't get resolved until the end.....incredible.......

Polarmachine

Haha in my opinion luke is the one that has been best lately and has stayed on a high level delivering tight songs.
Benny though is definitely trying new stuff working with new people and in my opinion makes  worse songs now.

I love this song for example.

But the thing is I love bennys productions  but just the last year or so he hasn't impressed on me

j.fco.morales

To me, this is a strange kind of track for a hip-hop artist.
It works well, but it's not really appealing to a mainstream audience.

About Benny, I'm sure he will be one of the biggest surprises in the future: he's been doing a lot of interesting stuff and working with people so different like Jessie Ware and Maroon 5 and doing a great job in both cases.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 23, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

Well wiz always had these pop kinda songs on his albums and he actually has a good voice (especially if you give it a nice Melodyne treatment lol).
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I'm actually surprised about the Ghost Loft featured song, I loved the original one and I'm impressed about the track.
Nice work.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 23, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

About Benny, I'm sure he will be one of the biggest surprises in the future: he's been doing a lot of interesting stuff and working with people so different like Jessie Ware and Maroon 5 and doing a great job in both cases.

along with Ryn Weaver and Ariana Grande - been digging Ryn's EP and Why Try

Alex Martin

Dr.Luke alone is not so great than Dr.Luke with MAX.

Same for the others producers like RAMI,ANDREAS CARLSSON,KRISTIAN LUNDIN.

When they worked with MAX ...ALWAYS on top....left MAX.....missing