• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kelly Clarkson - New album and single

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2015, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-HPOHu8mY
I don't think there's gonna be any max martin track on this album, she would have released it before Heartbeat. This song sounds so weak and average, wasn't she recording a folk album?

mxmcarl

Quote from: Rex on February 12, 2015, 06:12:10 PM
...wasn't she recording a folk album?

Actually, when RCA sent out the brief (roughly a year ago) they requested tracks with an "80's/New Wave" feel. That was the main focus at-least.

turnaround

So they were searching for songs instead of her co-writing songs?
I imagine we will have lots of genres. Country, pop, pop rock etc..
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

A new preorder single is available on iTunes.

Written by Warren Felder, Sia Furler, Steve Mostyn, Jesse Shatkin.
Sounds like Greg Kurstin or Jesse Shaktin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB7au2PdddQ

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 23, 2015, 07:17:59 PM
A new preorder single is available on iTunes.

Written by Warren Felder, Sia Furler, Steve Mostyn, Jesse Shatkin.
Sounds like Greg Kurstin or Jesse Shaktin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB7au2PdddQ

it has that same creaky bass as Chandelier so I guess it's Greg on the beat hoe, especially as it is a KC song.
So Steve Mostyn and Oak are going pop now, why not!
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

j.fco.morales

It has the same type of drums and overall feel.

And Oak is doing a lot of pop stuff lately, Benny ;)

Edit: It's the new single. Produced by Greg Kurstin & Jesse Shaktin, just like I said.
Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6480299/kelly-clarkson-invincible-sia-piece-by-piece

j.fco.morales

New pre-order single out today, it's the title track: Piece by Piece.

I don't know who wrote it, but Greg Kurstin produced it.

j.fco.morales

How is working with Piece by Piece producer Greg Kurstin different from working with Dr. Luke or Max Martin?
I think that's a bit unfair just because I already had a career when Greg knew me. When we got introduced to each other he already had four albums to kind of look at and gauge "what kind of artist is she?" Dr. Luke or Max, I just had the one record out and it was my first record and we came out with so many different singles. We came out with a big R&B ballad like "The Trouble With Love Is" and a pop rock song like "Miss Independent" and then more of a pop rock song like "Low," which was my single.

I think people still didn't realize what I wanted to do with my career. I like all those avenues, but I think in the beginning people heard the demo for "Since U Been Gone" and it wasn't as it is now. I love guitars. I love a big sound and I love a little bit of angst in the production and, you know, we had to figure that out while we were working together, to where Greg already kind of knew that about me. He'd seen me perform live before and he'd heard me on these records and he kind of had a grasp of who I was already.

What was the demo for "Since U Been Gone" like?
It was real bare and there were hardly any words. [Laughs] It was just, like, mumbling. It was one guitar and really funny. I remember my label was like, "This song is so amazing!" And my manager and I were like, "It sounds cool, but they're not really saying anything." And they were like, "Listen to the melody," and I was like, "The melody doesn't really sound like it's solidified yet!" They were like, "I know, I know, but it's the production," and I was like, "There's really only a guitar and a snare!"

It was a lot of trust in the label because I didn't know Dr. Luke or Max. And it worked out. We ended up getting together in Sweden and they got to know me as an artist and we amped up the track and made it a little more rockin'. But they didn't know I was going to go an octave above on the chorus.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kelly-clarkson-talks-since-u-been-gone-going-country-and-upbeat-new-lp-20150303#ixzz3TXdvxwU9
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

melodicmoonlight

a song on her new record "Someone" is a clear standout. should be a single. i can see it going Top 20

Rex

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on March 06, 2015, 06:47:04 AM
a song on her new record "Someone" is a clear standout. should be a single. i can see it going Top 20
This song has some magic in it. When I first heard it, i was waiting for it to explode, but it's like it never happened, which I think saves it from being a generic power-ballad

Adam B

Listened and I think it's a decent song, struck me that she sounds a lot like katy perry

B Steady

decent album! The first half of it is brilliant!
Piece by Piece, Run x 3 & Let your tears fall are my favs
Vila i frid Dag