• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Enrique Iglesias "Sex And Love"

Started by Jules, April 11, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Surprisingly amazing album!
I didn't really expect anything from him, since his latest songs were kinda floppy - I didn't like the "Euphoria" album much at all.

But "Sex And Love" (despite riding the "sex-sells"-wave so awfully obvious) is a great pop album - I have to admit I'm a melody guy and I don't pay much attention on the (probably mostly awful) lyrics.

The highlight of the album is definetely "There Goes My Baby" (which was co-written by Rickard Göransson of Carolina Liar).
Except for this pop diamond, these are the best songs of the album:

• Still Your King
  • Let Me Be Your Lover
  • You And I
  • Physical (feat. J.Lo)

turnaround

Surprised you like it. I'm a huge fan of his spanish albums, and the first English ones. He went in a direction I really can not take.

Nevertheless, even this album as a highlight: "Only a woman"  :-*

And I liked it..

AdamKhan

I think i love every song the Niles from the Cataracs wrote/produced on this album...

B Steady

Is an album called "sex and love" really worth a listen?
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on April 12, 2014, 12:16:02 PM
Is an album called "sex and love" really worth a listen?

Quote from: Jules on April 11, 2014, 09:21:06 PM
But "Sex And Love" (despite riding the "sex-sells"-wave so awfully obvious) is a great pop album

nznexus

i have seen enrique iglesias live.

he was 1 hour late when he arrived to the concert.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

Quote from: nznexus on April 12, 2014, 08:06:23 PM
i have seen enrique iglesias live.

he was 1 hour late when he arrived to the concert.
Seen him around the time "Hero" was in the charts - he is not that bad live.
But he should stick to Spanish.
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

B Steady

Physical is a really good fun track :) the lyrics on this album are predominantly shameful just as the heavy use of auto tune but just as Jules (and probably 99% of this forum) I'm glad I'm more of a melody and harmony guy! There Goes My Baby (Whistle Pt. III) and Bailando (only feat. Sean Paul though!) aren't too bad as well!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Bailando is a huge hit here in Latin countries.