• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls

Started by turnaround, May 05, 2015, 10:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShockdioN

The song is out of top 10 US iTunes...Talking body by Tove Lo been out for months and is higher than britneys new song lol..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: ShockdioN on May 09, 2015, 01:26:14 PM
The song is out of top 10 US iTunes...Talking body by Tove Lo been out for months and is higher than britneys new song lol..

wait til the video comes out and they perform it on the Billboard Awards

ShockdioN

j.fco.morales

As Huffington Post points out, in John Seabrook's new book of pop music history, The Song Machine, he explains that the track's Swedish writers Max Martin and Rami Yacoub believed that "hit" was American slang for "call." And so the song about the heartache of a recent breakup turned to a hit with the public perhaps a bit confused but none the wiser.

The song had originally been called "Hit Me Baby (One More Time)" but Spears' label Jive Records felt a bit uncomfortable about the suggestion of abuse and removed "Hit Me" from the title.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6753845/hit-me-baby-one-more-time-nsync-star-meaning-revealed

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 06, 2015, 01:34:47 PM
As Huffington Post points out, in John Seabrook's new book of pop music history, The Song Machine, he explains that the track's Swedish writers Max Martin and Rami Yacoub believed that "hit" was American slang for "call." And so the song about the heartache of a recent breakup turned to a hit with the public perhaps a bit confused but none the wiser.

The song had originally been called "Hit Me Baby (One More Time)" but Spears' label Jive Records felt a bit uncomfortable about the suggestion of abuse and removed "Hit Me" from the title.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6753845/hit-me-baby-one-more-time-nsync-star-meaning-revealed
I can see why the label would change the title to avoid problems....but it's weird to me that anyone would be confused what "hit me" meant: I got that it was slang the minute I heard it, and I wasn't a kid when the record came out :-)