• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cirkut Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, April 08, 2022, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/21AziTMaZwcLflGMAj85o5?si=5329592d553d4019[/spotify]

Written by Lauv, DallasK, Cirkut and Sophie Cates
Produced by Cirkut (on Spotify it appears as Cirkuit (¿?) and Dallask

I'm in love with all Cirkut's productions lately.

Snipes3000

Very good song imo. If lauv was on a major label, this song would hit top 20 imo.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0sb8ClU3CLoNblxkpmOKzA?si=c4556576ac37418f[/spotify]

Written by Abraham Dertner, Ava Max, Cirkut, Jonas Jeberg, Marcus Lomax and Sean Douglas
Produced by Cirkut and Jonas Jeberg

A bop, Ava Max never disappoints

bugmenot

Conan Gray — Disaster
Written by Conan Gray, Cirkut, Julia Michaels
Produced by Cirkut

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5BZALEsVQCmUmRPlHCegCR?si=2f93b342b14e49db[/spotify]

j.fco.morales

nanofives

Love this so much, Cirkut can do no wrong

melodicmoonlight

the lyrics are very Julia Michaelsonian haha. pretty solid. this the first time she and Cirkut have crossed paths musically?

nanofives

Quote from: bugmenot on June 26, 2022, 08:45:30 AM
Doris Sandberg is in the Disaster music video

Is this her first public appearance? I can tell it's her but no one gave a shoutout anywhere on social media afaik.

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on June 26, 2022, 12:50:44 AM
the lyrics are very Julia Michaelsonian haha. pretty solid. this the first time she and Cirkut have crossed paths musically?

Yes, it is, I've seen that they worked on the same album of various artist but never on the same song. Kinda weird Conan decided to put out an album with all songs made by one producer except this one, maybe is this the last song they recorded for the project? I'm disappointed he didn't include Ilya's song from last year, it was one of the highlights of 2021 for me.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on June 26, 2022, 08:45:30 AM
Doris Sandberg is in the Disaster music video. The same dress on her insta.

Music editor @ Vogue Scandinavia. WOW.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on June 28, 2022, 03:26:08 AM
Yes, it is, I've seen that they worked on the same album of various artist but never on the same song. Kinda weird Conan decided to put out an album with all songs made by one producer except this one, maybe is this the last song they recorded for the project? I'm disappointed he didn't include Ilya's song from last year, it was one of the highlights of 2021 for me.

absolutely! I wonder why Telepath wasn't included on the album. I find it interesting how some artists get together with a great producer and make a banger of a song, then release their other music which is way underwhelming in comparison. maybe it's a matter of funding? Ilya must be more expensive based on his track record w/ Ariana. I'd love a full album of Conan x Ilya style songs like Telepath that are more hard hitting and BIG pop.

nanofives

I'm having doubts if it really is budget, after all, the other produced Conan worked with (Dan Nigro) was very successfull last year with Olivia Rodrigo.

Actually, I've seen many Ilya's singles being scrapped on the full/main album
Oh Na Na by Camila Cabello
High On Your Supply/Act My Age by Katy Perry
All PRETTYMUCH songs he produced
Probably Normani's Motivation and Jonas Brothers' Who's In Your Head

j.fco.morales

Maybe he wasn't attached to the song and prioritized his songs with Dan.

Actually, the song by itself feels a bit out of place with the rest of the songs, sounding wise.

BCH2003

Ava Max just released a snippet of her next single off her second album "Diamonds and Dancefloors", called "Million Dollar Baby. It samples "Can't Fight The Moonlight" by LeAnn Rimes".

Snippet: https://mobile.twitter.com/SourceAvaMax/status/1554501077516652550

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/72yP0DUlWPyH8P7IoxskwN?si=36ad9d9cea964732[/spotify]

Written by Watt, Bernie Taupin, Elton John and Cirkut
Produced by Watt and Cirkut

I was expecting way more from these two big producers, I'm disappointed on the vocal layering of this song, it's like they're background vocalists of the instrumental.
The instrumental is catchy though.

j.fco.morales

Why PNAU didn't produce this one? A third copy of Dua + Elton would have been OK.