• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Upcoming Max Martin releases

Started by j.fco.morales, December 31, 2014, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Oops, sorry, I got it from Genius credits

nanofives

The more I listen to Maneskin's album the more I think that supermodel was not well received by the band, they really made Max, Rami and Sly sound less pop and more raw, which is fine in itself but it's very notorious the sound design difference with the rest of the album, it's not cohesive, they should have left Supermodel out

melodicmoonlight

upcoming Ed Sheeran single:

Eyes Closed - Max Martin, Shellback , Sheeran Edward, Gibson Fred

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on March 05, 2023, 06:24:13 AM
upcoming Ed Sheeran single:

Eyes Closed - Max Martin, Shellback , Sheeran Edward, Gibson Fred
Citation needed... The album is going to be produced only by Aaron Dessner acoording to Qubuz.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on March 05, 2023, 07:01:58 AM
Citation needed... The album is going to be produced only by Aaron Dessner acoording to Qubuz.

no citation necessary

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/workID/919760153?page=1

j.fco.morales

Dagge

I wonder how do they manage avoiding copyright infringement issues. All those melodies or at least parts are already published somewhere in the past. If we suppose that an average chorus melody consists of approx 7 tones and 7 possible tone pitches each, it is statistically easy to claim that all those melodies are already invented. I can even personally confirm hearing many of today hit song melodies or phrases somewhere else in the past. How do they cope with this problem, I am really curious. How do they know that a melody they coined is unique,, there isn't a melody database and services like Shazam aren't capable of recognising singed melody only.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: Dagge on March 18, 2023, 07:03:12 PM
I wonder how do they manage avoiding copyright infringement issues. All those melodies or at least parts are already published somewhere in the past. If we suppose that an average chorus melody consists of approx 7 tones and 7 possible tone pitches each, it is statistically easy to claim that all those melodies are already invented. I can even personally confirm hearing many of today hit song melodies or phrases somewhere else in the past. How do they cope with this problem, I am really curious. How do they know that a melody they coined is unique,, there isn't a melody database and services like Shazam aren't capable of recognising singed melody only.
it's either two things either he has so much money that he could afford the best lawyers to throw the cases out or because he brings in so much money due to all of his hits they just let him off the hook and let him do whatever he wants regardless if he stole entire parts of classic songs. I'm never going to forgive him for ripping off spatu ballet's true for I want it that way.

mlaredoperez

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on March 18, 2023, 09:55:55 PM
it's either two things either he has so much money that he could afford the best lawyers to throw the cases out or because he brings in so much money due to all of his hits they just let him off the hook and let him do whatever he wants regardless if he stole entire parts of classic songs. I'm never going to forgive him for ripping off spatu ballet's true for I want it that way.
This is all bullshit. You just hate him cause you hate him.
Oh , and that song you mentioned sounds NOTHING like "I want it that way", clean your ears.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: mlaredoperez on March 18, 2023, 11:34:22 PM
This is all bullshit. You just hate him cause you hate him.
Oh , and that song you mentioned sounds NOTHING like "I want it that way", clean your ears.
Is that so? Listen again, final chorus near the coda.

<iframe style="border-radius:12px" src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/track/10I09MLZCY4pK37XxAfkw0?utm_source=generator" width="100%" height="352" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" loading="lazy"></iframe>

Heres that same part only on the chorus of IWITW

<iframe style="border-radius:12px" src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/track/47BBI51FKFwOMlIiX6m8ya?utm_source=generator" width="100%" height="352" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" loading="lazy"></iframe>

Don't believe me, here's proof. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=841P1BmVUOU

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: bugmenot on March 19, 2023, 05:29:55 AM
It is called forensic musicology if you want to study:
The similarity you hear is "motives", bricks of a melody. You can't copyright a motive because they are rarely original and too short to be original: there are only seven notes in a scale and only two consonant intervals. What constitutes composer's creativity and originality is how you develop a motive although even there is only several ways to develop a motive. An experienced listener like you is more attuned (receptive) to memorizing a melody's brick and recognize it in other compositions. But, again, a motive is not a melody.

Major labels have forensic musicologists hired who identify possible infringements.

Also, Spotify has AI Plagiarism Detector but I'm not sure it's available to masses already, they created it for its Artists hub that I'm not a part of.
well if that's the case then why does the Marvin Gaye estate keep suing so many artists is that don't directly rip off his work. Why did the estate go after Robin Thicke for "Blurred Lines" or Ed Sheeran for " Thinking Out Loud"?

bugmenot

Robin Thicke (or Pharrell) said in the interview that they copied a song by Gaye. Without that interview Gayes would lose because what Pharrell copied was a groove. But American system doesn't count an expertise who would say "it's not a copyright infringement", a judge without musical education was given an interview where they said they copied Gaye and heard a song with some similarities but he wasn't able to qualify those similarities as not worthy of copyright infringement case.

UK system is different.

The same applied to Dark Horse case. If it was not to a judge to decide are four sequential notes worthy of being copyrighted, the plaintiff would lose.

None of it means  that there are no popular musicians who copy music and lyrics without any shame.

Dagge

Everyone copies, consciously or unconsciously, especially 4-5 tonal phrases. It is statistically impossible to find a short phrase that doesn't exist yet. Pure math. Legal industry would need to accept this fact and apply new rules.

McCartneyMartin

MADONNA & MAX MARTIN ARE WORKING TOGETHER!!!

Never thought to see those two collabing ever. Does she really think she can get another number one hit just to get revenge on the trolls that made fun of her plastic surgery?

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/madonna-max-
martin-in-the-studio-1235289980/

j.fco.morales