• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ed Sheeran Eyes Closed (Max Martin, Shellback)

Started by bugmenot, March 24, 2023, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

Written by Ed Sheeran, Fred Gibson, Shellback (Spotify doesn't list Max Martin but wiki does)
Produced by Aaron Dessner, FRED, Max Martin, Shellback

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/07bsRv0pcpbG4zJeLsUs1p[/spotify]

Programmer Fred again.., Max Martin & Shellback
Keyboards Fred again..
Drums Fred again..
Background Vocals Fred again..
Orchestration (Violin, Viola, Cello) Rob Moose
Mastering Engineer Randy Merrill
Assistant Mixing Engineer Matt Wolach
Mixing Engineer Mark ?Spike? Stent
Recording Engineer Jonathan Low, Cormac O?Kane, Michael Ilbert, Richard Brown & Rob Moose
Synthesizer James McAlister
Shaker James McAlister
Moog James McAlister
Engineer Bella Blasko, Cormac O?Kane, Jonathan Low & Michael Ilbert
Electric Guitar Aaron Dessner
Acoustic Guitar Aaron Dessner
Synth Bass Aaron Dessner
Piano Aaron Dessner
Bass Aaron Dessner & Fred again..

melodicmoonlight

Super lame? goes nowhere. Predictable Ed Sheeran format and lyrical content. I need Max to return to pure pop music.

nanofives

Recently I saw live Fred Again.., I think he's a very interesting producer and DJ, what I don't like about him is how tame he sounds around Ed Sheeran.
He made Ed sound a little bit electronic, but it's wasted potential at this point. Ed is playing too safe, and it seems he has way too much creative control to make good use of Max and Shellback.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on March 26, 2023, 10:17:19 PM
Recently I saw live Fred Again.., I think he's a very interesting producer and DJ, what I don't like about him is how tame he sounds around Ed Sheeran.
He made Ed sound a little bit electronic, but it's wasted potential at this point. Ed is playing too safe, and it seems he has way too much creative control to make good use of Max and Shellback.
I feel Ed bought Max & Shellback on just to get another easy no.1 since nobody else in the industral wants to work with them anymore due to them being dated old hacks with tried and repetative fromualas that just don't work anymore in current year. (Expect for P!nk Weeknd and a few less know ones) Due to the latest streaming data it looks like it's not even gonna be close to hitting number 1, (maybe lower top 10) but still will chart somewhat.

Snipes3000

I feel like Max and Shellback are involved more in the structure and topline than in the other elements of the songs. I think the other elements of the song are not cool.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

I guess we all agree it's a bland piece of music.

uberweiss

Truly bottom of the barrel stuff from Max lately. Beyond insipid.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: uberweiss on March 31, 2023, 12:06:08 AM
Truly bottom of the barrel stuff from Max lately. Beyond insipid.

Jesus Was a Rockstar and now Eyes Closed. Bland af for Max

What happened to 1989/After Hours level production?

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on March 31, 2023, 05:09:20 AM
Jesus Was a Rockstar and now Eyes Closed. Bland af for Max
What happened to 1989/After Hours level production?

Bad hearing? He is in his early 50s or maybe he just doesn't care about really making influencing pop since he knows he's done enough for the scene so he's taking a backseat and coasting on his past successes. I mean that you've done something as many times as he has your formula would get repetitive and boring as well. Its really for the better. Deep inside I kind of feel kind of bad for the guy but when you're over the hill you just got to take the l for it. Honest opinion by the way.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on March 31, 2023, 07:44:47 AM
Bad hearing? He is in his early 50s or maybe he just doesn't care about really making influencing pop since he knows he's done enough for the scene so he's taking a backseat and coasting on his past successes. I mean that you've done something as many times as he has your formula would get repetitive and boring as well. Its really for the better. Deep inside I kind of feel kind of bad for the guy but when you're over the hill you just got to take the l for it. Honest opinion by the way.

Ugh.