• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max singles that should've been HUGE!

Started by Joshua, March 11, 2012, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Sadly, some of the greatest singles written by Max went mostly unheard by the general music listening world... and it really frustrates me! There are so many amazing tracks that should've been hits, but due to bad promotion, lack of interest in the artist, or some other force of evil... they never took off. Which of your favourites can you add to the list? I'll start with...

I Got You - Nick Carter
I'm Gone, I'm Going - Lesley Roy

I think if Nick had released "I Got You" as his first single, it would've fared a lot better. People seemed to lose interest after "Help Me", which wasn't a strong track in my opinion. As for Lesley, I guess it was weak promotion mixed with being a new artist, but the song is perfect. So sad things never worked out for her.

georg_e

"U Make Me Better"  :-)

Alex Martin

Rebecca

I thought BSB's "The Call" should have been a bigger hit

and recently Britney's "Criminal"

oh well.

Raul_esp

''Criminal'' is now #7 in the spanish charts!

Joshua

Yeah, "Criminal" should've done a lot better than it has. I personally think "I Wanna Go" was a poor third single choice, it was all getting a little to samey with the faster dance tracks. "Inside Out" was very close to being the fourth single, and in my opinion was the biggest opportunity missed in a long time.

gm33

• I'll Never Stop -  Without a doubt! Didn't even get US release.
    "I Wanna Go"  -  I think of this song as one of Max' best , but like you say here, it came out when a bunch of other similar tracks came out.
  • Here I Am (Raven)
  • What The Hell  - Should have been bigger.

Songs that should have been singles:
Cinderella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps the best Max song ever.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Joshua

Quote from: gm33 on March 12, 2012, 06:41:06 PM
I'll Never Stop -  Without a doubt! Didn't even get US release.

I totally agree, no US single release, it wasn't even on the US album! Maybe they thought it didn't fit with the more RnB style of the other tracks, but was still suitable for Europe. Such a strong track, the chorus is Max spine chilling perfection.

Linda

agree with

I got you, nick carter
I'll never stop, nsync
Inside out and Cinderella, britney

Oh and,
Unbeautiful , lesley Roy

Alex Martin

FIVE STAR NATION - Get It Over With

BACKSTREET BOYS - Get Another Boyfriend

AVRIL LAVIGNE - Wish U Were Here

Rebecca

Quote from: Raul_esp on March 12, 2012, 02:15:41 PM
''Criminal'' is now #7 in the spanish charts!

fantastic!

yes, agree too, I'll Never Stop should have been a single, it's so awesome! and Cinderella!

Matteo87

Jessica Folcker - How Will I Know

Britney Spears - I Will Be There (it should have been a single!!!), Cinderella, If U Seek Amy, Criminal

Backstreet Boys - The Call, The One, Don't Wanna Lose You Now (wonderful Max's mid-tempo song!!), Everyone

"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

Feelgoodlies

"I'll Never Stop" was produced by "Kristian Lundin"

"Overprotected" by Britney!

Joshua

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on March 20, 2012, 06:45:45 PM
"I'll Never Stop" was produced by "Kristian Lundin"

Yeah I didn't realise this for years, I just assumed that Max produced it because he wrote it. Certainly proves Kristian's ability to produce those big Cheiron sounding tracks.

I'm going to add "It's The Things You Do" by Five... such a shame it only got a US release, and was re-produced, Max's album version was a lot cooler. Oh, and Avril's "Smile"... why oh why was that a flop?!?

Axel

I'm gonna second "Smile". That song was so frickin' awesome it haunted me for months. The melodies in there were brilliant. The song indeed made me smile every time I heard it.