• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin Multitracks

Started by waveman, September 27, 2017, 04:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waveman

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for official multitracks. I saw this thread and saw that there are some Britney Spears ones out there, but the website cited there seems to be down:

http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=1803.0

Thank you very much in advance :)

P.S. I'm new to the forums - looking forward to being here!

svenh

I too would be very interested in this. That would be a great resource for learning!

j.fco.morales

My first source was a thread on reddit that was taken down.

/SongStems

Tano87

Mine was a Sony backdoor closed around 2011/2012

StCroix

Dagge

After listening and studying tons of it, I would say no need to have it. Sounds quite ordinary when listened separately, licks, sounds, singing (except Mariah Carey). It's all in the producer ear, and you cannot copy that

stereoBuss

Quote from: Dagge on June 03, 2018, 12:46:46 PM
After listening and studying tons of it, I would say no need to have it. Sounds quite ordinary when listened separately, licks, sounds, singing (except Mariah Carey). It's all in the producer ear, and you cannot copy that

I've gone through a few songs (from the aforementioned r/SongStems), and I both agree and disagree. It was pretty helpful for me to see all of the pieces and how they fit together, but usually there isn't anything mind blowing going on (I do remember being blown away by some stems of Into You I found on youtube).

Another interesting thing I noticed is that things like drum samples are frequently less polished and perfect than I had thought they were. It taught me that it's very much how the elements are used than how perfect you can get them to be on their own. It's for that kind of thing that I would love to hear some of the dense arrangements from the cheiron days in separate tracks. I'd guess a lot of it would sound pretty wonky on its own.

IVIV

Agree with previous poster. Nothing will ever replace the ear and songwriting/compositional ability.

But from a production perspective I have learnt a great deal from these stems (genuinely my own productions have taken a massive step up).

Main thoughts;

- use of reverbs and distortion to supplement groove (not just the instruments themselves being used for grove)
- layering of instruments, especially not for melodic reasons and not necessarily heard but felt
- learning how perfect every element has to be!
- breaking down stems into frequency ranges can give you good insight into how sounds are chosen when layering to be supplementary rather than competing
- astonished as to just how much time must go into each of these productions
- amazing percussion tracks basically on all songs, a lot of live work

I have an extensive library of stems. DM me for more info.

Alex

Tano87

Any 2000 stems? Answer in private or u prefere

j.fco.morales

Quote from: IVIV on June 28, 2018, 09:28:48 AM
Agree with previous poster. Nothing will ever replace the ear and songwriting/compositional ability.

I absolutely agree with this.
The thing is: there's so many songs, same structure and chord progressions... you have to sound different only with sonic delicacy.
And that's the craft of arrangements and music production.